PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted, new culture of fear...good blog

Simona
01-08-2013, 08:02 AM
it seems the EY workforce is uniting against Oftsed inspections and lack of clarity in their criteria for judgement.....cms must be included in this campaign

Ofsted, their new culture of fear, and why it is dangerous for children. (http://www.kidsallowed.com/social/ofsted-their-new-culture-of-fear-and-why-it-is-dangerous-for-children/)

Mouse
01-08-2013, 11:21 AM
A good article and definitely something cms should be involved in.

It must be horrible for a bigger setting to have an unannounced visit following a complaint, but I wonder if they realise how much more devastating it can be for a childminder. We have to face these things alone and the consequences on our businesses could be catastrophic.

Simona
01-08-2013, 12:42 PM
I am keeping my eye on this and communicating with this group...they want cms involved!

sarah707
01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Thank you for being there for us Simona :thumbsup: I will do what I can too just tell me what to re-tweet :laughing::D

Simona
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Thank you for being there for us Simona :thumbsup: I will do what I can too just tell me what to re-tweet :laughing::D

Send in the cavalry for reinforcement I say...Twitter does pick up these arguments and they spread quickly
I have to say there is a slight difference as more EY providers mention cms now (if they don't I'm there to sneak us in) and seem aware we have many campaigns in common...maybe that blog by June did the trick this week??

we need to be included and heard in everything!

FussyElmo
01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Avery good blog and I have just retweeted :thumbsup:

amylouise867
01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
it seems the EY workforce is uniting against Oftsed inspections and lack of clarity in their criteria for judgement.....cms must be included in this campaign

Ofsted, their new culture of fear, and why it is dangerous for children. (http://www.kidsallowed.com/social/ofsted-their-new-culture-of-fear-and-why-it-is-dangerous-for-children/)

An interesting read

Thank you for sharing x

Simona
01-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I am told by those involved in this campaign that the main discussion is on Nursery World LinkedIn...I am not there as yet...not enough hours in the day to check all these sites!!
Is anyone there who can feedback to us and link the discussion here???

Let us know