PDA

View Full Version : REGISTRATION VISIT on wednesday

Natalierose
31-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi all
I'm new on here and have found reading all your threads very helpful. I have my registration visit on Wednesday and I'm full of excitement and nerves. I'm pretty sure I have all paper work needed but any words of wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Nat x

Bumble Beez
31-07-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/EYFS%202012%20compliance%20checklist.pdf

If you want to double check...use the checklist above just to put your mind at rest!!
And as for the visit...just be yourself and try to relax as much as possible :) hope it all goes well for you!
And if you're unsure on anything, just ask...

Sarah x

Natalierose
31-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks that's brilliant I've got the majority of the things on here but there's a few points I hadn't considered.
Nat x

Tms
31-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi, just had mine and she was here 4 and half hours!!! She grilled me but was very nice, was glad I read all my policies/proceedures and studied the EYFS paperwork >>>tip I could give is have sample menus, activities and something that got me flustered is she gave a scenario of child 12 months and 3 years and asked me to explain how I would plan activities /day and then asked based on this how I would then plan to develop them based on the days activites, also asked what parts of the EYFS were applicable for each child for the activities ....I would if I had known done some examples to help. However the Ofsted preparing for you visit document is worth filling out as she will ask every question on the form in some way or another and I did night before so fresh in head answer so only had to refer to it once ..... Also as I went round the house I explained what I planned to change or do when I have mindees start which she was impressed with. She was very helpful and put my mind at rest so please don't panic they are only human ... hoipe this helps :clapping:

Natalierose
31-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Wow 4 and a half hours!! Thank you for those tips I'm just going to really swot up on everything now. Did she tell you that day that you would be registered?

mpullen17387
01-08-2013, 06:04 AM
I had mine on Tuesday and she was absolutely brilliant.. Mine only took a couple of hours and that was because we spent so much time talking and kept going off track.. Don't stress over it, as long as you have what you have been told to have and have your "are you ready for your registration visit" (or whatever it's called) then you will be fine.. If I forgot to write something or say something she guided me towards it.. I over panicked way too much lol.. She didn't say you are registered, she just said I would have no problem whatsoever recommending you or proceeding, so will write the report and should expect certificate in 2-3 weeks! Xxx