PDA

View Full Version : Book trail

Amandak28
31-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi, as the weather has taken a bad turn ive been wracking my brains to find things to do that are free but different from the usual trips to the park.

And i remembered about book trails! :-) So we are off this afternoon to my local library to join my DD up, just hope she likes them as much as i did :laughing:

What other things are there that are free to do? X

charlottenash
31-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Whats a book trail? My sons doing the summer challenge at local library.

Amandak28
31-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Well when i was a child It was basically where you read books specifically for the book trail, answer questions about the book, and you would get a sticker and the book would be added to your list of read books. The more books you read you progressed to the next level.

Its tailored for different abilities so may change depending on age but the basis is the same as above.

Hth. Could be something similar to the challenges just a different name. Xx

Maza
31-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes, we also signed up for the Summer Reading Challenge at the library today when it was raining! We do still go out in the rain but obviously you can't be out from dusk 'til dawn like you would in nicer weather. Mine just love making a mess indoors - den building and torch play, messy play, indoor teddy bear picnics with real water in the tea set, more than usual arts and crafts. Seriously, my house is such a mess, I haven't finished clearing up one project before another one starts! I'm just as excited as them though, so I'm my own worst enemy! We also take some crayons and paper to the library and stay a bit longer than usual. It is hard as all our lovely playgroups close over the holidays. :panic:

Amandak28
07-08-2013, 12:44 PM
We went to the library friday and its also called the summer reading challenge so i joined up my dd. it was the book trail last year :-/ not quite sure why they changed the name.