PDA

View Full Version : morton michel contract

caraxx
30-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi im thinking of buying the Morton Michel contracts can anyone tell me what they say, how do I buy them do I write what I want in my contract??

Bumble Beez
30-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I use the PACEY ones so can't help much...someone will be able to tho! Just didn't want to read and run x

Sarah x

MessybutHappy
30-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I use MM contracts - long winded, duplicate much of what I've got covered in my own paperwork, but I do feel safe using them as everything is thought of and covered off! I've been able to edit them where needed, and MM were happy with a typed ammendement letter, so no need for messy scribbles all over the place when hours change.

MM's legal helpline were great when I needed them, think they would have been even if I'd not used MM contracts though.

All in all - I wouldn't change, I'm familiar with them now!

caraxx
30-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Thank u for reply, how do u go about amending them? do u tell them wot I charge many hours etc and they write it in contract??

MessybutHappy
30-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I fill my contracts in myself with the parent sitting next to me, I copied one and completed it in pencil and highlighted the bits that would need discussion such as where I can use photos, then we go through it together and agree each page and sign, I've also given parents a photocopy to read before they get to me as this does help to speed things up a bit! At the end of the day the contract protects both parties so I warn them too allow an hour to go through it and suggest we do it with no children present if that's possible!

joolieb
03-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Hiya! Ive just biught the mm contracts, theyre pretty straight forward with gaps for you to write your fees in and spaces for agreeing hours and some ticky boxes for transporting in vehicle and other permissions, so some bits do duplicate policies and permissions you may have created already yourself. Im happy with the format if them, theyre 5 pages long, in duplicate so you and parent get to keep a copy. Im going to go through the contract with parent as theres bits we both need to agree upon, but have already decided on my bits as there are options/decision i need to make over late payments and ending contracts and holiday notice periods etc. hope this helps x

Simona
30-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Does anyone know if it would be possible to see what a contract covers before we buy them? comparing them in other words and looking at contents?

possibly not but what suits one cm may not be suitable to the next and duplication is not necessary
I am surprised that we can buy something so 'important' without being able to view the contents first?

any suggestions?

sarah707
30-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Are you a member (free or gold) of childcare.co.uk?

There are some new contracts, permissions, fees policy writing ideas... all sorts of essential documents on the site for all members.

Gold members get them in Word format so they can be changed :clapping: