PDA

View Full Version : Muffin Bread Pizza, advice please

EmmaReed84
30-07-2013, 06:18 AM
OK, so it has been ages since I did any proper paperwork due to my ill health (parents OK with it) But I really need to get back in to it. I am going to do it slowly. Do some activities observe them over the holidays then in September review all the obs and think about next steps and move on from there.

I am going to make Muffin Bread Pizzas today with the children. The plan is to cut the Muffins in half and talk about numbers, 1 whole 2 halves etc, we are then going to use plastic cutlery to cut up various toppings like ham, peppers, grapes etc. We will then put all the different toppings in different bowls ready for the making the pizza. Once we have organised the toppings we will make the pizza, getting them to spread the puree and create their own dinner. Then cook it.

How would this all link, there seems to be a lot, would you link all aspects, or just concentrate on one area? Really stuck again on this! Ages from 2 years (3 in Aug) to 8 years

CLL
30-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Why don't you just observe 1 or 2 children? I would just listen carefully to what they say and write down some quotes eg 'I need 2 more'. Once you have taken pictures and noted their language sit down with the EYFS and see best where things link. I only link to 1 or 2 sub areas per observation.