PDA

View Full Version : 10 pin bowling - good or bad idea?

Jexer72
27-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm looking after a 7 year old girl over the holidays and I have a 4 year old DD. I've had this idea to take them both 10 pin bowling. I've not been in years so it's going to be a bit hit and miss but I guess the staff will help with the computer and stuff. Have any of you been and was it successful? Also have any of you done a risk assessment for this sort of trip? Many thanks for any help you can give.

SYLVIA
27-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I've taken mindees bowling before and it has been a success. It was in the days before risk assessments but I guess you would need to think about the weight of the balls, parking, fingers getting trapped etc. They have the ramps t help the little ones. I may go this holiday if the weather is not good one day but it's not cheap round here. Have fun

Becci26
27-07-2013, 06:49 PM
We've been a few times with a range of ages and they all love it! Just do 1 game though as 2 can be too much (plus its expensive!)

Check the website of ur local centre we have a bowlplex near here and they often do an 'early bird' offer if u go in the morning, and last summer they had holiday passes which entitled you to something like £1 per person all through the summer!

kellib
27-07-2013, 07:51 PM
It's funny this thread has came up as I was thinking about taking my LO's to bowling soon as one is leaving to go to nursery. A bowling place near us often does an offer of an hours bowling plus a pizza for up to 6 people for £10 which is fab!

Jexer72
27-07-2013, 08:55 PM
We've been a few times with a range of ages and they all love it! Just do 1 game though as 2 can be too much

Thanks. I've booked it and paid for 2 games but we can always go on early if the novelty's worn off. I'm using the early bird offer of £1 per game per person so very reasonable

Mrsh3103
27-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Have a look on their website & see if they've already got a risk assessment you can download. My local one has a really good risk assessment for inside & the car park. Saved me the time :) have fun