PDA

View Full Version : Notebook

Little_steps
26-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Does anyone do a written daily diary in a notebook?

If so, how do you find it? Too much work? Not enough space?

Thanks

Daisy De
26-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I do my daily diaries in a A5 hard back notebook and it works very well. I am always on the look out for notebooks whose front picture matches an interest of the mindee, recently got a super hero one for a batman/spiderman obsessed 3 year old, he was thrilled. I pay about £2 /£3 and get them from all sorts of places like The Range, Supermarkets, online etc.

KaicosMummy
26-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I do and it goes home every night. I section off the top half of the page into three columns.....sleep, food and drink, toilet/nappies. So I can write down the time and what happened. Then use the bottom half of the page to write what we have been up to, activities, where we have been and the general mood of the child that day.......hope that helps x

KaicosMummy
26-07-2013, 10:12 PM
I am a bit of a skinflint and get my hardback ones in the pound shop, then pop a funny photo of mindee on the front!

Bumble Beez
27-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I don't use notebooks anymore...altho I did when i first started. I found that when I used notebooks I would write too much and waffle on for ages, I found it easier to print a template off an stick in a notebook...so with that in mind I swapped to using a pre printed one. I get mine from nursery resources and they cost £1.50 each so not overly expensive either. Makes my life a little easier ;)

Sarah x

Little_steps
28-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone!

I have some from the range with cute designs on the front and I like the personal feel of it being written down although I do appreciate the time it takes so if the written way doesn't work for me I may go down the printed route.

Just glad I'm not the only one who is going to do it the written way!