PDA

View Full Version : Diary or journal iPad app...maxjournal

Bumble Beez
25-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Just found this app which I thought would be great for using with the mindees for making up their diaries/scrapbook etc...

For the older mindees or the EY mindees who just attend for a few hrs a week or sign up for short term contracts etc I do just a scrapbook type thing.
This has always worked really well for me but since using 2simple for my LJ's I thought there must be an app I can use!!
This one offers journals to be created for different events (or in my case different children) you can add pictures, notes and you can also add the time of data entry just by pressing the clock (time stamping)...which I think is awesome!
You can tag entries so they can be found easily at a later date and can export them to PDF via email etc...
And you can password protect the journals and emails too.

Very cute little app which should make my life a little easier again...and cut down on paper used...plus it's free :D

Sarah x

lally
26-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks for this apps, I think it will be very helpful. I am a new Childminder.

jfradgley1
31-08-2013, 06:12 AM
I can't find this app, is it just called 'max journal'? Thanks :)

Bumble Beez
01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
I can't find this app, is it just called 'max journal'? Thanks :)

Yes Maxjournal...all one word :thumbsup:
Made by bigbluecouch...icon is blue with a white feather.

flump159
01-09-2013, 12:06 PM
thankyou for the app it will be very useful

Just found this app which I thought would be great for using with the mindees for making up their diaries/scrapbook etc...

For the older mindees or the EY mindees who just attend for a few hrs a week or sign up for short term contracts etc I do just a scrapbook type thing.
This has always worked really well for me but since using 2simple for my LJ's I thought there must be an app I can use!!
This one offers journals to be created for different events (or in my case different children) you can add pictures, notes and you can also add the time of data entry just by pressing the clock (time stamping)...which I think is awesome!
You can tag entries so they can be found easily at a later date and can export them to PDF via email etc...
And you can password protect the journals and emails too.

Very cute little app which should make my life a little easier again...and cut down on paper used...plus it's free :D

Sarah x

mysuri
01-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Great just downloaded thanks for the tip :) xx

vikiwizz
01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Wow what a great little app.

Think I might use this as the under 5 daily dairy and email to parents

Sweetpea
01-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I can't find it, perhaps it's because I'm using my iPhone.

I will look on hubby's iPad later....

Thanks

Samijanec
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Ill go look for that.i currently use awesome note and I love it. I don't have any paper trail at all and I back it up to other apps on my main comp in case of some kind of failure..

sarah707
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Is it just for ipad or is it on android? It sounds really good :)

vikiwizz
07-09-2013, 07:47 PM
I started minding on Tuesday and have been using this app. I think it's going to be fab.

I have taken photos and added what they are doing, then linked it to the EYFS at the same time. The fact that you can email to the parents is an added bonus

vikiwizz
08-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Has anyone stated using this yet?

jadavi
08-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Not in the iPhone store :(

line6
08-09-2013, 07:56 PM
I've got it. I'm practicing on my own 3 yr old at the mo as starting minding later this month. It looks great though :)

vikiwizz
08-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Not in the iPhone store :(

It's only available for the iPad I think :(

vikiwizz
08-09-2013, 08:58 PM
I've got it. I'm practicing on my own 3 yr old at the mo as starting minding later this month. It looks great though :)

Will you use for all your children as their learning journals?

littlemiss60561
08-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Is it just for ipad or is it on android? It sounds really good :)

i searched and found the android version.its fab and i will be using this.thanks for the link x

line6
10-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Will you use for all your children as their learning journals?

I'm not certain but I think so yes. Will only have one eyfs for now. I'm still deciding but I do like it. I'm comparing it with the learning journals my own children have received from their nurseries.

vikiwizz
11-09-2013, 07:12 AM
I have starts using and it seems to be working, I put a picture up and then write a description next to it and link it to the EYFS. I think the best thing is you can send to the parents via email so I I'm planning on doing this once a month so they can see what's happening.

line6
11-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Yes I agree I think it's great to be able to email it to the parents. My mindees parents love email stuff rather than paper. I had another play with it yesterday and think I will try to use it when I am up and running -which is not long now.