PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment for outing

teacakepenguin
24-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Hiah

I'm hoping to take my one holiday mindee (he's school age) out with us for a trip to our local forest commission run wood. I am sure it must be fine for venue to go to cos him and my youngest went with school only a few months ago, and loads of locals go there, but I haven't been for a few years and can't remember facilities. I've been assured there's a loo!

It's too far for me to pop over to visit beforehand too, unfortunately.

I'm struggling to get started with a risk assessment though, and would it be a good idea to give the parent a copy, or maybe offer her one if she wants it? There will be 3 adults, and obviously I'm insured to drive him and he'll be in appropriate car seat, between us there will be 7 children aged 5-14, I'm the only one crbed though.

Has anyone any suggestions for what to include please? This is my first "outing" :)

Thanks!
Jessica

sing-low
25-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I would RA risks in car & carpark, one of the children getting lost, hygiene when eating, staying hydrated, risk of bites from bugs, and also RA that you don't know all the risks. Have fun!

teacakepenguin
25-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Thank you, good points! Mum was really happy to hear we'd be off there, would you offer her a copy of the risk assessment?

Jx