PDA

View Full Version : How to word a get out clause..

Jelly Baby
24-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Basically I want to put that both I and parent have a 4 week settling in period type thing where if things aren't working out the contract can be ended? I do my own contracts, have looked at the MM ones but can't see anything and am not sure how to word it?

How do you normally charge for this if the worst happens? I.e do you charge for a min of the 4 weeks..what about notice?
Thanks

babs
24-07-2013, 08:36 AM
pacey's say something like.. settling in from xx to xx during this time no notice period will be required if either side wish to end agreement..

smurfette
24-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Basically I want to put that both I and parent have a 4 week settling in period type thing where if things aren't working out the contract can be ended? I do my own contracts, have looked at the MM ones but can't see anything and am not sure how to word it?

How do you normally charge for this if the worst happens? I.e do you charge for a min of the 4 weeks..what about notice?
Thanks

I have something like 'either party can terminate contract with four weeks notice except
In the first four weeks 'settling in period' where the contract can be terminated with immediate effect by either party

Tealady
24-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Here's what I have:

Settling-in Period

• There will be a probationary period of four weeks (xth xxxxxxx 200x to xth xxxxxx 200x).
• Should The Childminder feel that a working relationship is not going to be possible with The Minded Child or The Parents then The Child Minder can terminate this agreement with immediate effect.
• Should The Parents feel that a working relationship is not going to be possible with The Child Minder then The Parents can terminate this agreement with immediate effect.
• Should The Parents or The Childminder wish to terminate on grounds other than the above, whilst in this period, then four weeks notice is still required.

I only charge for the hours used but if they have paid the deposit then I keep that unless I am the one that terminates, then in that situation I return it.

bunyip
24-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Bear in mind that a court would probably consider it unreasonable for a CM to terminate the contract and hold onto any money above and beyond the payment for hours already worked.

I take a £50 deposit, refundable against the 2nd month's fees if the child is still in my care by then. (This is to offset all my time and admin in pre-contract visits, etc.) I state that I will hold this if the parent cancels during the settling-in period or if I give notice due to unacceptable behaviour by the child or parents. TBH, I have no idea if this would stand up in law if push came to shove. :huh: