PDA

View Full Version : Sharing information policy

vikiwizz
23-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Hi all

Was wondering if someone can help. I am during to pull all my policies together and have been advised to have a sharing information policy. But for the life of me can't think what to put in it or how to word it apart from

From time to time I might need to share information with other professionals in you're child's life....

What else should I write?

kellyskidz!
23-07-2013, 08:32 AM
I have a bit about sharing info in my safeguarding policy and confidentiality policy
It says something like information you share with me will be confidential and i keep all personal information in a locked file in my home. However, I may have to share confidential information with other parties such as social services, local authorities or the police in the event of a Safeguarding issue (see separate policies)
Not sure of exact wording off the top of my head but its something along those lines. Hope this helps xx

kellyskidz!
23-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Also you could put if you're happy for me to do so I am willing to share information about your child with
Their school
Other childcare professionals
Health visitors

Then ask them to tick which they feel happy with
Also in the event of an emergency I will have to share information about your child, such as their medical conditions, age, etc (im thinking if they have an accident or something and you take them to hospital, they're going to need to know that type of info) xx