PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about applying

Petshrinklj
22-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Hi all I've finished cypop5 and first aid so have started reading application info. But I was spooked when it says if ofsted decide to refuse your application then its very serious as it can stop you doing any type of childcare in future. (Forgot exact wording but that was gist of it) I just assumed if I messed up my pre-reg I could just reapply.

Eek not sure I dare apply now. Obviously I would plan on doing as much as I can to be ready but what if at my pre-reg my mind goes blank and I can't even remember what eyfs is? Would I just get refused and that's that. Scary stuff.

FussyElmo
22-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi all I've finished cypop5 and first aid so have started reading application info. But I was spooked when it says if ofsted decide to refuse your application then its very serious as it can stop you doing any type of childcare in future. (Forgot exact wording but that was gist of it) I just assumed if I messed up my pre-reg I could just reapply.

Eek not sure I dare apply now. Obviously I would plan on doing as much as I can to be ready but what if at my pre-reg my mind goes blank and I can't even remember what eyfs is? Would I just get refused and that's that. Scary stuff.

First of all calm down.

They wont refuse you because you are nervous. Remember you can refer to the eyfs and anything else you have while the inspector is there. If she asks you something and you are not sure then think about your answer and if need be refer to any information you have.

I think Ofsted would only stop your registration if something bad was on your dbs/crb or a major safeguarding issue not because you are nervous. The inspectors who do the pre reg are there to help not to catch you out :thumbsup:

Petshrinklj
22-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Remember you can refer to the eyfs and anything else you have while the inspector is there. If she asks you something and you are not sure then think about your answer and if need be refer to any information you have. :

Thank you I didn't know that that is reassuring.

sing-low
22-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that if they weren't going to register you then they tell you and give you the option to withdraw your application so they don't have to refuse you.

Petshrinklj
23-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that that's good to know