PDA

View Full Version : EDIBLE WATER BEADS

Mrsh3103
21-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I just stumbled across these little beauties :)

Completely safe and edible. I've just ordered some! From what I've read, once they are boiled (obviously left to cool) they look & feel just like water beads. BUT THEY CAN BE EATEN.
My favourite sensory activity now becomes edible. So excited :)

http://bit.ly/1bUxkhV

Mrsh3103
21-07-2013, 10:06 PM
I hope the link works

amylouise867
21-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Link does work!

Thanks for sharing!

You will have to keep us posted with these!!

Let us know how you find them & of course let us know how tasty they are :) x

k1rstie
22-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Well done, for finding these, but it does say on the link 'not suitable for understand 3's'.

What flavour have you chosen?

I just stumbled across these little beauties :)

Completely safe and edible. I've just ordered some! From what I've read, once they are boiled (obviously left to cool) they look & feel just like water beads. BUT THEY CAN BE EATEN.
My favourite sensory activity now becomes edible. So excited :)

http://bit.ly/1bUxkhV

Mrsh3103
22-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I've ordered the blueberry ones :)

Yes I saw the not suitable for unders 3's comment but.... My ds puts everything in his mouth if I'm not constantly watching him. With the normal water beads we have to play while he naps just in case they go in his mouth. At least with these ones, fair enough their not meant for under 3's but if he does manage to get one in his mouth before I've managed to wrestle it from him I don't need to panic. I don't have to be quite so paranoid & we can all enjoy the activity.
I will obviously still keep a very close eye on him. :)

catlyn
05-08-2013, 09:06 AM
mine arrived on saturday so have boiled them up this morning and the little ones are playing with them now.....my assistant is watching them though as the baby loves to put things in his mouth...... I'm not sure if I've followed the instructions properly though as when they were in the pan they were big and plump....once out of the water they shrunk to half the size and are a bit sticky...any one else used these???

Bumble Beez
05-08-2013, 09:38 AM
mine arrived on saturday so have boiled them up this morning and the little ones are playing with them now.....my assistant is watching them though as the baby loves to put things in his mouth...... I'm not sure if I've followed the instructions properly though as when they were in the pan they were big and plump....once out of the water they shrunk to half the size and are a bit sticky...any one else used these???

Oh...I haven't used them before but have ordered some...once they arrive and I've cooked them I'll let you know how they turned out :)

Sarah x

Mrsh3103
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I still haven't had chance to use mine. They're sat next to my hob begging to be cooked! I'm going to wait until the schoolies go back.
How do they taste?

eddie
05-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the link - can't wait to try them!!:laughing:

catlyn
05-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I didnt taste them tbh...they looked nice though.....I bought the mixed bag.....little ones loved playing with them but now they have turned into a gooey mess in the dish...very sticky and squashed together.......not sure if i can revive them with more water like I do with the ordinary water beads....they will work out quite expensive if they can only be used once :-(

SallyJane
09-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Hmm, not sure about these now after seeing how you've gone on with them.
Would you still recommend them? X