PDA

View Full Version : Harry potter

clareelizabeth1
20-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Went to the Harry Potter studio in Watford today. With my mum and sister. Well it was fantastic loved the whole thing. Spent four hours there and if I weren't for it being my first every day without ds might of spent longer.

I rode broom sticks, the night bus had a butter beer. The sets were amazing the detail that went in to everything it just took my breath away.

Having enjoyed it so much we are wanting to do more things together.

What would you suggest?

What have you enjoyed recently?

sarah707
20-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Tatton Park is a fab day out if you take a picnic - but I think it's a bit far for you guys! :laughing:

smurfette
20-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the review .. Our next holiday is London and we plan on doing Harry potter .. Sounds ace!!

clareelizabeth1
21-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Tatton Park is a fab day out if you take a picnic - but I think it's a bit far for you guys! :laughing:

Tatton park looks good, a shame its 3 hours from me, I might be able to combine it with seeing family though

rickysmiths
21-07-2013, 08:07 AM
I took my daughter for her birthday just in the New Year and the great hall and all the sets still had all their Christmas Decorations up, it was magical. Shame the Butter Beer was cold though we went on a freezing day and having made Butter Beer ourselves that was hot it was a bit of a shock!! It was prob lovely and refreshing on a hot day though!

It is fab we will go again I'm sure I love all the models of the sets at the end we only live 5 miles away. My dd is off to a Harry Potter Convention in August. She and her friends booked their hotel in Covent Garden a year ago! They have now announced a tour as part of the Convention.

I am spending this week making her a Slytherin Cloak. We managed to get beautiful material of a much better quality and for half the price they cost at the Harry Potter Experience and I can custom make it with safe pockets for phones etc.

clareelizabeth1
23-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Ricky smith sounds like you enjoyed it as much as I did.

I wanted a cloak but the £75 price tag stopped me in my tracks.

Now that you've said they decorate it for Christmas I want to go then.

kellyskidz!
24-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Went to the Harry Potter studio in Watford today. With my mum and sister. Well it was fantastic loved the whole thing. Spent four hours there and if I weren't for it being my first every day without ds might of spent longer.

I rode broom sticks, the night bus had a butter beer. The sets were amazing the detail that went in to everything it just took my breath away.

Having enjoyed it so much we are wanting to do more things together.

What would you suggest?

What have you enjoyed recently?

I went in Jan with my oh as his birthday present to me. I'm a HUGE HP fan and it was the best present I've ever been given!
I loved it so much, it was so interesting and I could have spent a week in there :blush:
The broomstick and flying car were incredible and the SHOP. Omg I don't like to think about how much I spent (but I NEEDED Hermoine's wand.. And the wizard coins... And of course a chocolate frog.)
Have you ever been to The Deep in Hull? It's a really good day out, and worth taking a trip to.
We're also big fans of Knowsley safari park which is great with or without kids!xx

supermumy
24-07-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm booking this for me and my 2 eldest kids for sometime in holiday we love hp :)
So glad to hear reviews can't wait

rickysmiths
24-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Ricky smith sounds like you enjoyed it as much as I did.

I wanted a cloak but the £75 price tag stopped me in my tracks.

Now that you've said they decorate it for Christmas I want to go then.

That is what put us off the cloaks, expensive and not well made. The material cost us £35 and there are lots of patterns free on the internet. Anyhow operation cloak will start tomorrow. My minded children are on holiday and so is my daughter's boss so we have 3 days off to work on it!

Def plan to go at Christmas but book well in advance. We went just in the new year 1st or 2nd.