PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

EmmaReed84
18-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Just found out that my Husband's Granddad has got skin cancer. He is on blood thinning medication so going to see if they can take him off so they can operate to remove it, if not then he will need to have radio therapy.

He is going to be 80 this year and my husband's family are such a close family. And very intense! None of his family -As is from MIL's generation and younger, have ever had to go through anything like this before (cancer or losing anyone really close) I know if anything happens then two of the family are going to totally go off the rails... MIL being one of them. :(

I am here for them all, especially my husband. I just feel so helpless right now. Don't know what to do or say.

beerheaven
18-07-2013, 05:38 PM
That is sad. Supporting your hubby is the best thing you can do. Seems like you are going to have to be strong for the rest of his family. I was in similar situation a few years ago and I surprised myself with how calm and composed I was!

Sending you hugs.

Samijanec
18-07-2013, 06:05 PM
So sad, nothing much you can do but be there for them and support our hubby. I hope all goes well. Xx

kellyskidz!
18-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Oh no! Don't know what to say apart from how sorry I am. Cancer is ****** awful and is so hard on the sufferer and their families and friends. Thinking of you all xx

sing-low
18-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Just found out that my Husband's Granddad has got skin cancer. He is on blood thinning medication so going to see if they can take him off so they can operate to remove it, if not then he will need to have radio therapy.

He is going to be 80 this year and my husband's family are such a close family. And very intense! None of his family -As is from MIL's generation and younger, have ever had to go through anything like this before (cancer or losing anyone really close) I know if anything happens then two of the family are going to totally go off the rails... MIL being one of them. :(

I am here for them all, especially my husband. I just feel so helpless right now. Don't know what to do or say.

So sorry to hear this. Just keep listening and being there. I think it's better to know you don't have all the answers than to think you do.

Bumble Beez
20-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Oh that's such sad news...just be there for family when they need someone to talk to and try to stay positive too.
It's hard to know what to say, so in situations like that I just try to listen...sometimes that's more important.
Sending you all love and hugs xx

Sarah x

sarah707
20-07-2013, 06:34 AM
So sorry for you all cancer is a ******* :group hug:

The Juggler
20-07-2013, 08:38 AM
oh honey i am so sorry :(

Kiddleywinks
20-07-2013, 11:27 AM
So sorry to hear this Emma. Hubby has you for support, and you have us :group hug: