PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Briefing Tomorrow EEK!

amylouise867
16-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm on the Childminding Briefing session tomorrow...

Waheyyyy!!!!

Seems like I've been waiting forever!!

Really looking forward to it :) x

shortstuff
17-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Thats great news. Have a good time x

Bumble Beez
17-07-2013, 05:44 AM
That's wonderful news...have a great time today :)

Sarah x

Rick
17-07-2013, 06:30 AM
You will have a great time meeting other nervous like-minded people :D

unalindura77
17-07-2013, 08:00 AM
You will have a great time meeting other nervous like-minded people :D

The beginning of your journey!

TY628
17-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Have a good time~ I learnt so much from it!:clapping:

amylouise867
17-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey all

I had a great time and they are putting on the course next month in a 3 day block so looks like things will be moving pretty quickly now which is great!

Worked out well as its the summer hols too and my mom will be off to help have my little one while I attend.

Found out some great things....

Was a bit concerned at some of the people who were there looking to go into it to be honest. Some of the comments made were ridiculas!!!

- one said "I've only got a boy 'enit and he plays with cars so if I take on a girl I'm gona have to buy dolls enit' for 'er to play with cause she ent guna wana play with a boys cars....' :/

The tutor said well we shouldn't stereotype because your little boy may wish to play with dolls as much as the little girl may want to play with cars.... It's not a gender thing it's about providing a range of activities and toys to match ability and development...

Her reply
"well my partner wouldn't want our son playing with boys cars but you know the dolls should I buy different shades of plastic for ofsted"

So that was abit annoying to keep listing to as she came across very ignorant to what working with children is all about but apart from that- it was good!

Amy :)

amylouise867
17-07-2013, 01:57 PM
** wouldn't want our son playing with girls dolls

Rick
17-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Hey all

I had a great time and they are putting on the course next month in a 3 day block so looks like things will be moving pretty quickly now which is great!

Worked out well as its the summer hols too and my mom will be off to help have my little one while I attend.

Found out some great things....

Was a bit concerned at some of the people who were there looking to go into it to be honest. Some of the comments made were ridiculas!!!

- one said "I've only got a boy 'enit and he plays with cars so if I take on a girl I'm gona have to buy dolls enit' for 'er to play with cause she ent guna wana play with a boys cars....' :/

The tutor said well we shouldn't stereotype because your little boy may wish to play with dolls as much as the little girl may want to play with cars.... It's not a gender thing it's about providing a range of activities and toys to match ability and development...

Her reply
"well my partner wouldn't want our son playing with boys cars but you know the dolls should I buy different shades of plastic for ofsted"

So that was abit annoying to keep listing to as she came across very ignorant to what working with children is all about but apart from that- it was good!

Amy :)

Sounds like you are going to enjoy yourself :thumbsup:

oxfordshirecm
17-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Have fun and good luck :)