PDA

View Full Version : BBQ ideas please

hectors house
16-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Hoping someone will come up with some great food ideas to serve at my daughter's 18th birthday BBQ at the weekend - looking for some interesting (but easy) alternatives to just plain old burgers and sausages in a bun.

Many thanks

EmmaReed84
16-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Chicken/beef kebabs? With peppers and onion...

You can marinade with chicken in piri piri with a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Or in BBQ sauce.

You can get loads of different things like chinese style pork chops, steaks, fish

We also make up coleslaw, potato salad, salad, baked potatoes, and have pots of pickled onions, beetroot, and various other things.

As well has burger buns we also do tortilla wraps and pitta breads, they go down really well!!

The Juggler
16-07-2013, 08:39 PM
kebabs are fun and make the meat go a lot further but take longer to make

I would go for chops/chicken breasts - halved or quartered and just use different marinades on them so they are all different - current faves here are:;

home made beer, garlic and chilli
nandos garlic peri peri marinad
tescos finest 3 mustard and brown ale

for veggies, quorn selection and/or ready made falafel you can just reheat on bbq
also

do a big tray of veggies instead of kebabs on those disposable metal trays - peppers mixed, mushroom, courgette

corn on cobs

jacket potatoes/new potatoes

then lots of different interesting buns and pittas :thumbsup:

Bumble Beez
16-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Chicken/beef kebabs? With peppers and onion...

You can marinade with chicken in piri piri with a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Or in BBQ sauce.

You can get loads of different things like chinese style pork chops, steaks, fish

We also make up coleslaw, potato salad, salad, baked potatoes, and have pots of pickled onions, beetroot, and various other things.

As well has burger buns we also do tortilla wraps and pitta breads, they go down really well!!

Sounds like our kind of BBQ!!
We also do corn on the cob and salmon fillets (wrapped in tin foil and they look great) and lots of vegetarian options too...
Stuffed peppers and BBQ'd mushrooms with cheese :D

Sarah x

hectors house
17-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Thank you very much for ideas - all sound delicious - I have a lovely hot potato salad recipe and a mozzerrella, tomato and basil salad idea but just couldn't think of how to jazz up the meat - I'm not really a BBQ person and the family ones we seem to go to are just burnt burgers and sausages (prob why I'm not a BBQ fan then)!:laughing: