PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Foam

kimnolan87
16-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi,

Today was the first time I tried shaving foam as a sensory activity for an 18 month old.....I didn't plan for it to be soooo messy, he put his hands straight in and proceeded to wipe it all over himself....

Luckily I had striped him down to a nappy....and my mum (assistant) was around too.....so I called her to grab a bowl of water and flannel to clean him up.

Question is, how else do you plan for this activity? Next week our garden will be ready to use, so thinking to keep it to outside.....what does everyone else do? Xxx

munch149
16-07-2013, 08:16 PM
I make a mess pure and simple don't always have the weather to get outside

Mrsh3103
16-07-2013, 08:29 PM
If its nice we use it outside, if its horrible we make a mess in the house. I usually do things like that on the kitchen floor so I can just mop up afterwards.
Mindee 22months today made a beard with it & was painting pictures on the floor. It then got on the door, walls & toy box as he went to get toys to put in it.
My house smells lovely now :) :) :)
I love a good messy activity although I only allow things like that to happen with things that are easy to clean up :)

Supernanny86
16-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Great idea, wouldn't mind doing this as easy to clean up! :)

kimnolan87
16-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Well we do everything more or less just in the playroom at the mo - children haven't had access to the kitchen, as we haven't been using the garden (which will all change from Monday ;/) but the playroom floor is vinyl so wasn't bothered about any mess on the floor......I was concerned that it would be slippy if he smoothered it all over the floor though :panic:

hectors house
17-07-2013, 06:43 AM
I put trays on the floor with shaving foam or cooked pasta on (sometimes both together!) and put it on a plastic shower curtain - cheap one from Asda with yellow ducks all over it. I use the shower curtain for sitting little ones on in the garden in the winter with a blanket on the top - keeps them warmer than just blanket on damp ground and also don't have a mucky blanket to wash.

You probably did right thing having lo in just nappy - when it's not so hot I sometimes put a painting apron on them to protect their clothes.

Dragonfly
17-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Always have a bowl of warm water ready from the start for hands, face etc, easier then needing it after they have started!