PDA

View Full Version : paper or computer?

Kat
09-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Hello everybody,

I got my reg ... very proud of :) I have some kids staring sept so trying to organize myself a bit...
I am ''green person'' you know recycling etc :D and just wondering:
1. How much all paperwork has to be on paper and how much I can have n the computer?
2. What is in NCMA pack? So I won’t double it?
3. I believe that accounts it is easier to have on paper (I will get account book from NCMA i believe?) but what is the best way for you?
4. Are you having children’s record of attendance?
5. Are parent signing it every day?
I will have some more questions coming probably but for now please help?
Kat

sarah707
09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Hello everybody,

I got my reg ... very proud of :)

Congratulations! :clapping:

I have some kids staring sept so trying to organize myself a bit...
I am ''green person'' you know recycling etc :D and just wondering:
1. How much all paperwork has to be on paper and how much I can have n the computer?

You have to be very careful with the data protection act. I'm afraid childminding is not a green profession ... there is a lot of paper. I am no expert on how to register etc but I do know if you keep things on a computer you have to be very careful

2. What is in NCMA pack? So I won’t double it?

Sorry don't know ...

3. I believe that accounts it is easier to have on paper (I will get account book from NCMA i believe?) but what is the best way for you?

I do my accounts by hand on paperwork I have written to suit me. Just make sure you record everything. I do not use NCMA book but I know others do ... sure they will be able to help...
4. Are you having children’s record of attendance?

Yes, this is a must, record every time they arrive and leave.

5. Are parent signing it every day?

My lot sign monthly ... getting a pen in some of their hands is a challenge!

I will have some more questions coming probably but for now please help?
Kat

Hope this helps ... hopefully someone else knows more about NCMA paperwork :D

Kat
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi,

Thank you very much for reply :) I relised that childminding business is not too much green... :( Think is that I dont even have space to keep all of those papers...

I do know that I need to have:
childminding diary for myself
dialy diary
fire drill
all policies and permissions etc
visitors list
childrens records

what else? is sooooooooo much I am reading now other threads and is sooooooo much...

help.. how to organise it to make less space and effective ...

Mrs.L.C
09-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I do my accounts on the computer and have designed a spreadsheet to record my expenses which is similar to an account book and i have a spread sheet for what i get paid for each child. I then do my yearly tax return online but I think you need to know abit about computers to try dif ways to suit you.

I also have my attendance register online with only the childs 1st name and parents dont sign it and Ofsted havnt said anything yet and they ahve been round 3 times now, but always worth checking with ofsted

im afraid all policys and consent forms, contracts, contacts details, childs details etc are on paper filed away.

I now email parents their invoices or any other letters that do not need signing instead of printing them out, for thoughs who have email

sarah707
09-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I now email parents their invoices or any other letters that do not need signing instead of printing them out, for thoughs who have email

That is an excellent idea and something I've been thinking about doing!

As far as organising space... I got a conservatory and that's full now so don't ask me! :laughing: