PDA

View Full Version : Covering for another Childminder's holiday

Holidayhelp
16-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Hello

Help I'm all new! I registered in March but I'm currently only childminding in the school holidays (I work as a teaching assistant). So far i do not have any parents of my own so I haven't had my 1st day yet. But I will be covering for the childminder that I use whilst she is on holiday on a few days where her parents are stuck for childcare. My question is what paper work do I need them fill in? My training seems ages ago now and I'm worried I have forgotten everything!! I'm guessing permissions, child record forms....but not a contract?:panic:

Thank you in advance!

kellyskidz!
16-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think their cm should give you all their documents before she goes away, so the permission forms for photographs, outing etc will be the same as when they're in her care. I also think parents may have to sign something to say they understand the situation re you caring for their child, your policies and procedures etc
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though!

munch149
16-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I always just did my own basic contract. Just hours, fees etc. and then a few permissions. Don't need to worry about photos for a few weeks unless other childminder had asked you to. So mainly car use, first aid, etc

Holidayhelp
16-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for such quick replies! So maybe write up a basic contract, permissions, child record forms and shall I get them to sign that they have read my policies and procedures? Have I forgotten anything?

kellyskidz!
16-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Think that's it, obviously add them to your register too so mum and dad sign them in and out. And accident forms if they have an accident (touch wood, they won't) ask about any illness, like asthma, and allergies etc too. Good luck xxx