PDA

View Full Version : ARE YOU ALL ENJOYING THE MINI HEATWAVE?

angeldelight
16-07-2013, 08:37 AM
So are you all enjoying this weather?

It's great to have lots of garden fun

Kids are happier so am I

Have a nice sun tan too and I'm sooo enjoying the weekends

What about you?

Angel xxx

ziggy
16-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Just loving it. Although here in Ireland it is slightly cooler and a bit cloudy but that actually makes it easier to be outside with children.

we're gonna take painting outside this morning, just waiting for schoolie to finish her boiled eggs and soliders lol.

Hope it lasts as I'm finishing on Friday for 2 weeks:clapping::clapping::clapping:

angeldelight
16-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Just loving it. Although here in Ireland it is slightly cooler and a bit cloudy but that actually makes it easier to be outside with children.

we're gonna take painting outside this morning, just waiting for schoolie to finish her boiled eggs and soliders lol.

Hope it lasts as I'm finishing on Friday for 2 weeks:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Lucky you ...are you going away or just relaxing

Xxx

ziggy
16-07-2013, 09:01 AM
my 15yr old grandaughter is coming over and we are planning couple of days in belfast if things settle down up there. Then a long weekend in north Donegal. When the weather is good Donegal is best place on earth lol. Got lots of lovely girlie days out planned too.

Realised yesterday I havent had a holiday since 2008 so I am increasing my fees in September, no more mr nice guy lol.

Crazy that I mind full time and cant afford to go on holiday but i'm sure i'm not the only one.

singingcactus
16-07-2013, 09:11 AM
We get out and about, and out in the yard much more often in the cooler, wetter weather. However, having heard so many people say they hate people who don't enjoy the sun I have no intention of saying that.
I just prefer the wet, cooler weather, we don't stay indoors just because of rain, wind or snow. We get to do so much more when their is weather, rather than just sun.

Samijanec
16-07-2013, 09:20 AM
We get out and about, and out in the yard much more often in the cooler, wetter weather. However, having heard so many people say they hate people who don't enjoy the sun I have no intention of saying that.
I just prefer the wet, cooler weather, we don't stay indoors just because of rain, wind or snow. We get to do so much more when their is weather, rather than just sun.

Everyone is different, I hate the hotweather and I find the kids get sooooo much grumpier, I love the early 20's but anything over 23 and I hate it...

FussyElmo
16-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I enjoy most weather to be honest - I do enjoy the snow but I love the sun too. Think if I would be a happy bunny if we could have this heat and then go sledging :laughing::laughing::laughing:i know I know I want everything.

I enjoy picnics in the park, I enjoy the windows being open, I enjoy eating ice cream :thumbsup:

I don't enjoy the hayfever :D

WibbleWobble
16-07-2013, 03:38 PM
i am getting used to the heat now....i think we aclimatise!

i have been off for two days after D&V (not a good mix with the heat). I spent monday on the sofa feeling weak but today i have sat at the garden table under shade and i have got three LJs up to date and done the end of term assessments.

for the first time in my life i actually have a bit of a tan! i usually go red and peel and then back to alabaster but i am now a nice brownish shade - Mr Wobble says its all my freckles which have now spread and met up.......he is a git!

back to it tomorrow!

wibble the chilled xxxx

nikki thomson
16-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I am lovin being able to sit in the garden in the evening, last sat I did a lovely meal for me and dh and we sat outside until gone 10, chatting and drinking wine it was soooo lovely, but tbh during the day it's just abit to hot for me and the kids are suffering and grumpy, but I hope it lasts through the school hols. X

Toothfairy
16-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I love it. :clapping:
I'm praying like mad that it will last another few weeks at least.
We are off camping in Cornwall from 29th July - 10th August and it would be soooooooooo nice just to have one camping holiday where it doesn't rain!
So please everyone, keep your fingers crossed for us :thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
16-07-2013, 06:07 PM
From 11.00 till 17.30 I don't do heat very well at all.
I don't tan, I can't just sit and do the sunbathing thing anyway, I have no energy to do anything, and suffer from hayfever :panic:

Other than that, yeah, loving it :laughing:

The Juggler
16-07-2013, 06:15 PM
i would be if I didn't have to push a buggy around and I had a pool in my garden :laughing::laughing:

Rick
16-07-2013, 06:57 PM
NO I'VE HAD ENOUGH!
I sweat from when I wake up to when I go to bed.
Love the sun but it's just too hot and relentless now. :cool:

shortstuff
16-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Im enjoying not feeling cold and not covering up from the rain byt 5 degrees cooler would be great now.

I know we british are never happy ;-)

Supernanny86
16-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Im enjoying not feeling cold and not covering up from the rain byt 5 degrees cooler would be great now.

I know we british are never happy ;-)

I totally agree its exhausting looking after the kids in this heat!! Especially with such little sleep!! :(

vikiwizz
16-07-2013, 09:01 PM
I love it. :clapping:
I'm praying like mad that it will last another few weeks at least.
We are off camping in Cornwall from 29th July - 10th August and it would be soooooooooo nice just to have one camping holiday where it doesn't rain!
So please everyone, keep your fingers crossed for us :thumbsup:

I herd today it's here until the end of Aug, so you could be in luck :)

Supernanny86
16-07-2013, 09:12 PM

Wow that would be good, I'm not moaning btw, just a little less humid would be good!! :) where did you hear this vikiwizz? :)

merry
16-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Usually quite like the heat, but this year hot flushes have really kicked in and I feel like I'm melting from the inside out, with sweat dripping off me at the coolest of times, in this heat it's a wonder I haven't spontaneously combusted! Combine that with looking after 2 grumpy clingy overtired all the time but won't sleep for longer than 10 minutes babies, 2 pre-schoolers the same and a bunch of 5 school kids who whinge and moan at me about the heat as if it's my fault and I can do something about it, a house with every conceivable surface/door/window/handle smeared with suncream, a feeling that if I have to put one more hat back on one more baby only to have it flung off 5 seconds later I'm going to SCREAM:mad::mad::mad:
So, not really enjoying it here:laughing: At weekends when I can stay by the fan, or lie in the garden and not move, with a nice cold drink by my side and a good book, strangely, I don't mind it so much.

:)

Samijanec
17-07-2013, 07:38 AM
The problem we have in dealing with this heat is that we hardly get it so don't factor it in. Hot countries like Spain and Italy have siesta, they aren't expected to work or go to school in the heat. Everything shuts down at 11 and they all go home to keep cool till tea timeishh. We on the other hand just do our normal working day and obviously we struggle..

vikiwizz
17-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Wow that would be good, I'm not moaning btw, just a little less humid would be good!! :) where did you hear this vikiwizz? :)

On the news the other day I think. Also someone else mentioned it to me

Samijanec
17-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Funny that last month they were predicting seven years of wet summers... :D

Wonder how long before hosepipes are banned!!!

JCrakers
17-07-2013, 10:36 AM
No not liking. Love it at the weekend when I can relax but not when I have to rush about after the children. Took me nearly an hour to get a picnic together yesterday along with all the hats, suncream, water, babies milk....I was exhausted before we went out to the park in the blistering heat.

On the positive side we are acclimatising ourselves for our 2 weeks in Orlando on friday .... Its going to be hot and humid over there but at least we'll have a pool to dip into :D

FussyElmo
17-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Oh I do hope so - imagine that a hot sunny 6 week holiday instead of a miserable damp one.

LONG LIVE THE HOT WEATHER :jump for joy::jump for joy::jump for joy:

Abbiec
17-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Loving it x

angeldelight
25-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey we are doing well

This is an old post .....last year

Two years running and we have a heat wave ...can't be bad hope your all enjoying ?

Angel xxx

sing-low
25-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Everyone seems more cheerful when it's sunny and I'm certainly more relaxed - holiday mode!

FussyElmo
25-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Hey we are doing well

This is an old post .....last year

Two years running and we have a heat wave ...can't be bad hope your all enjoying ?

Angel xxx

Its fab to have the sun during the holidays :clapping::clapping:

merry
27-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Usually quite like the heat, but this year hot flushes have really kicked in and I feel like I'm melting from the inside out, with sweat dripping off me at the coolest of times, in this heat it's a wonder I haven't spontaneously combusted! Combine that with looking after 2 grumpy clingy overtired all the time but won't sleep for longer than 10 minutes babies, 2 pre-schoolers the same and a bunch of 5 school kids who whinge and moan at me about the heat as if it's my fault and I can do something about it, a house with every conceivable surface/door/window/handle smeared with suncream, a feeling that if I have to put one more hat back on one more baby only to have it flung off 5 seconds later I'm going to SCREAM:mad::mad::mad:
So, not really enjoying it here:laughing: At weekends when I can stay by the fan, or lie in the garden and not move, with a nice cold drink by my side and a good book, strangely, I don't mind it so much.

:)

This was me a year ago and nothing has changed, except the babies are now toddlers, the preschoolers are school agers and the 2 eldest just finished to go to high school, and the hot flushes are worse!!

clareelizabeth1
27-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I prefer it a little cooler as the heat just means sweaty days and often I find grumpy children. My ds loves it and now brings me the sun cream when he wants me to take him outside.

I do love that I don't need to take jackets coats jumpers and all the rest while out and about. I also love sitting on the decking and watching all the young birds that are about. Have been looking at the apple trees and the are all full so also looking forward to many an apple pie.

SYLVIA
28-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Well last summer we went to hastings on the wettest monday of the summer hols but the two mindees loved it, especially the part where I slipped over. So they have requested a repeat trip this summer,today in fact and guess what? At the moment it is tipping it down here with thunder and lightning!