PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio as a powerpoint presentation??

EmmaReed84
16-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Recently I have changed my logo and everything so it all ties in with my Vistaprint stuff.

I have gone through the whole process of updating my portfolio and updating all my information, checking through policies, RA's etc...

Anyway, my printer has broken and I have a potential client coming round later this afternoon. I started to put some of the information on Powerpoint so she can look through it in one place on the laptop, without having to go through my files.

All my policies are on my website so I can advise her she can view them at her leisure at home.

Is this a good idea or not? Otherwise I will have to show her my current portfolio with out dated info on there.

Mrsh3103
16-07-2013, 05:35 AM
I think it's a good idea it's better than letting them read outdated info :)

FizzWizz
16-07-2013, 05:57 AM
I think that's a really good idea, I've found some parents barely look through my portfolio between interacting with me and their children, glancing at it on a laptop may make it easier for parents.

Good luck with your potential parents :-)

EmmaReed84
16-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Just finished and actually I really like it... I might take out all my "information" out of the my portfolio and leave in all the printouts like the Ofsted poster, HPA guidance, certificates etc and just the powerpoint from noe, Information is always changing and I am always printing out new stuff, at least this way I am saving paper, ink, printing time and it looks really good too!

It was easier than I thought as well! :thumbsup:

Would really like to take on this parent, it is only two afternoons a week, but it is for an 8 month old little girl and my current mindee would love that LOL!

Bumble Beez
16-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Great idea Emma...
Would look very professional and hopefully help info sink in a little better too.
Parents I've had round tend to skim over my folder and I find I'm constantly having to explain everything again.
Plus it would save on having to constantly to update, print, file away etc

Sarah x

ktdg85
16-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Great idea!!

EmmaReed84
16-07-2013, 09:42 AM
OK, so my presentation has the following pages...

About me (personal information)
Rates and services (Hours of operation, rates, deposits)
Payments and Invoices (Payments methods I accept and how I invoice)
Food and Snacks (a list of typical foods and snacks on offer)
Supplies (What I supply and what they need to supply- Suncream, nappies, wipes, formula etc)
Starting at Emma's Explorers (offering 3 free settling in session and explaining what the child receives - book bag, daily note book and contact key ring)

All my policies and procedures are on my website anyway, so I can direct them to there to read them at their own leisure... I can also email them a PDF (again printer is broken so cannot print hard copies at the moment)

Anything else I need to include/could add? I still have my main portfolio with the normal print outs, leaflets food safety stuff etc and also a folder of all my certificates..

EmmaReed84
16-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Well this parent was a breath of fresh air. She arrived and her LO was asleep in the pushchair, so we sat outside in the garden, I gave her my laptop to look through my powerpoint while I played with my son in the paddling pool. When she finished we had a brief chat and she then looked through my portfolio... She took out each section and read it thoroughly, then looked through all my certificates.

Her LO then woke up so I had a cuddle and we played with the water. Mum wants to chat to her hubby about it, but I have got a good vibe... He LO is so adorable as well... Fingers crossed, even though this is only a two day a weeker... it is a possible grower! :thumbsup:

Kirstylob
16-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Glad it all went well. Hope you hear something positive very soon. :-)

Bumble Beez
16-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Glad it went well Emma...love parents who actually take an interest :)
Did you feel the PowerPoint worked well?

Sarah x

EmmaReed84
16-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Glad it went well Emma...love parents who actually take an interest :)
Did you feel the PowerPoint worked well?

Sarah x

Yes. I kept it short and sweet! I think because it was in this format and not just pages in a folder. I used to find parents would just flick the pages over and carry on talking. This time I gave her the laptop sat her in the garden at the table while I played on the floor, close enough for her to ask any questions, but gave the space to read it, without out of that nervous waiting for them to read, if that makes sense.