PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg questions confusion!

joolieb
15-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Hi, im new, loving this form, have got it as an app on my ipad. im currently waiting for Prospect to contact me with a pre-reg interview date. Im sat completing the Ofsted 'preparing for your visit' booklet and im confused. Got all booklet completed except i think im overthinking question 1 !!! How far do i need to go? Give an example of an activity for each of the 7 areas of learning for a 4 yr old and a very young child. How young? my choice? 1 year old ok? Just one example for each area for each child or a variety? Any help greatly appreciated! Cheers :-)

Mrsh3103
15-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I think I did a 1yo as well. I just did one example for each of the areas for each age. Hth

joolieb
15-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Ah thank you for your reply! Ok going to give my head a rest for tonight, tackle question 1 again tomorrow with fresh eyes! :-)

ktdg85
15-07-2013, 09:26 PM
My interviewer asked for a couple for each one, or until she got the answers she really wanted so try and think of a couple just so you have it in front of you instead of having to panic.

I went for between 9-12months depending on the area of learning.

unalindura77
16-07-2013, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=ktdg85;1276323]My interviewer asked for a couple for each one, or until she got the answers she really wanted so try and think of a couple just so you have it in front of you instead of having to panic.

The Inspector I will have said to write down my answer for this one as this is the one we will most discuss! Yikes! My visit is in a couple of weeks.

adedwards68
16-07-2013, 09:07 AM
I came up with an idea for each section and we talked about what other areas that activity covered. It helped me realise how one activity can actually cover all areas. The example we talked about was cooking. If you really can't think of something tell them, my inspector was fine about it and helped me

joolieb
16-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies! About to sit down and get a few examples down. I think thats why ive struggled, because lots fits into every area! I do prefer black-and-white answers ha!