PDA

View Full Version : Reviewing contracts advice

sunview_cm
15-07-2013, 11:50 AM
I've been reading some posts on here and people were disscussing reviewing contracts. I have been working approx 18 m now and haven't reviewed contracts. What exactly does it entail? Do parents come in and re do a whole contract? Or do you just adjust the old one? And doesn't that get confusing it you do add, increase or take things off.
If there's nothing to change do you still review contracts? And if so what do I do?

Sorry if this is a stupid question! X

Koala
15-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I review contracts every March because I increase my charges in April 'every year'.

It's good to check telephone numbers, contacts for emergency collection, work contacts, you wouldn't beleive what can change and you know nothing about it.

I get all parents to fill out a new contract because I may amend things for example this year I put in a clause stating I reserve the right to terminate the contract immediately if payment is not received or there are issues that adversely effect the dynamics of our setting. This was to safeguard me against non payment and intolerable behavior from children AND ADULTS (if you know what I mean).

It also helps remind parents of their obligation to me as it does get a bit fuzzy sometimes.