PDA

View Full Version : Home Childcarer reports on the conference on the future of EY

Simona
15-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Home Childcarer was present at the Westminster Education Forum conference on the future of EY on 13 June
Future funding was discussed as well as agencies and I did put a question to the Ofsted inspector who delivered her speech on on cms future

These are the reports

Forum hears of hopes and fears | News | Home Childcarer (http://www.homechildcarer.co.uk/News/forum-hears-of-hopes-and-fears.asp)

Ofsted reiterates view on quality deterioration | News | Home Childcarer (http://www.homechildcarer.co.uk/News/ofsted-quality-deterioration.asp)

sarah707
15-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Thank you for the links I will read them properly later :D

AgentTink
15-07-2013, 05:25 PM
:thumbsup: fab work smona, great to see your name mentioned in one of the articles.

loocyloo
15-07-2013, 07:17 PM
thank you simona :clapping:

Stapleton83
15-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks Simona it is interesting that Ofsted clearly see the agencies issue as a done deal !

Sam x

Simona
15-07-2013, 09:26 PM
It appears to me everything is a done deal with this govt as they seem to have ignored all we said in the consultations...undiluted arrogance and a slap in the face of democracy!
The qualifications are going ahead ignoring our request to include play

The Early Years Teachers will not get Teacher status/pay/equality

The LAs seem another done deal without a response coming out as yet...I think their roles will be changed and some LAs know this very well hence the changes they are making

Agencies...well yes they will be piloted and possibly introduced, unless the Lords, delay the Bill...all we can do is keep cms out of them anyway we can...my hope they will prove unsuccessful and, dare I say, abandoned

The Childcare Commission I heard rumours today will be responded to 'imminently'...whatever that means?
The MPs go on holiday on Thursday and Truss gets promoted...

Ofsted are busy producing an inspection framework for agencies and then adjust it for cms...

so everything is left to the last minute for us to digest during August...and in the meantime there is no respite from inaccurate reports on childcare costs despite Truss promising she would reduce them..she hasn't got a clue poor girl!

Reception children may not get a full time place as Gove has rewritten the rule book while some schools get ready for 2 year olds?
and everything is a real mess and the LAs push their own agenda to save their jobs still blocking cms from doing the 2 year old funding...I told my LA I am not interested now as the waiting game is over for me!

If it wasn't so funny I could cry...roll on August!!
Hope the sun continues to shine!