PDA

View Full Version : One more day!

Little_steps
14-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Hi all,

I have one more session to do tomorrow for my childminding reg course and then I receive my certificate:clapping:

I sent off my ofsted forms eyc, ey2 and health dec on Tuesday. Am I right in thinking that I now need to wait for ofsted to send me some DBS forms back? Or is that what I signed consent for in the forms?

Would love to be ready for sep so hoping ofsted get a wiggle on! I work in a nursery so have told them of my plans and I came up with a phasing out plan for my key children, do one months notice, take 2 weeks unpaid leave after then go back as supply until I'm registered. Win win both ways I thought.

Have had some viewings already and have done my P&P, have contacted local team for them to visit and look through everything with me so I'm organised.

Now I need to look into funded places and childcare vouchers, how easy is it to set these up?

Sorry for the extra info!

bunyip
14-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Funded places. You need to ask your LA. It differs from one place to another. Most places have different schemes for the 2 year old entitlement and the 3-4 years funding. AFAIK, CMs cannot apply to either scheme before their first graded inspection. Their are some regular forum members in your county, so one of them should hopefully give you the relevant details.

Childcare vouchers are relatively easy. Each voucher company is different, so I find it's best to wait until a parent comes along whose employer is in on the scheme, then sign up with that particular provider. I have a few tips on voucher provision which I'll send you by PM. (I've posted them so many times, and I don't want to bore the regulars :rolleyes:)

:)

Karen1
14-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi sorry to butt in, bunnyip could you send me the childcare voucher info. too. Thank you.

Little_steps
14-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Thank you bunyip:thumbsup:

I do hope I can accept the funded places before my grading, I understand I may be inspected about 6 months after registering anyway but would like to do it asap if possible. I guess I don't like waiting! Lol

Pixie dust
14-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I do hope I can accept the funded places before my grading, I understand I may be inspected about 6 months after registering anyway but would like to do it asap if possible. I guess I don't like waiting! Lol

Hi I see you are from Norfolk I am too...currently you need to have a 'good' Ofsted rating and a level 3 qualification before you can go on the directory for funded children. Is there much call in your area to take funded 3 year olds?

Little_steps
14-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi pixie,

I've been asked by a couple of parents about it and I know a lot use it for their child's play school sessions with lots left over going to the play school. As in they draw all the money.

Thank you for the info, I can't do anymore than wait until I'm graded and fingers crossed its a good a i see from on here you can't get an outstanding lol.

Guess I best inform the parents! Boooo.

Xx

Pixie dust
14-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I've been asked by a couple of parents about it and I know a lot use it for their child's play school sessions with lots left over going to the play school. As in they draw all the money.

Thank you for the info, I can't do anymore than wait until I'm graded and fingers crossed its a good a i see from on here you can't get an outstanding lol.

Guess I best inform the parents! Boooo

Settings should only be claiming the hours a child attends not the full 15 if they only do 10 !!! There are childminders who have got outstanding on their first inspection it all comes down to your inspector but it is harder now.

Things are supposed to be getting easier for us to offer the funding especially now we have the 2 year olds aswell. It's a case of watch this space.

Little_steps
14-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Ah well the parent said " I know the play school will want to draw it all but I will use the left over to pay towards child's place with you". Bit naughty then!

I had an inspection st my work couple weeks ago and we had lovely lady but I can defo see that cm aren't treated the same as nurseries are which is sad really! How are parents expected to get used to thinking of cm nowadays as exactly the same set up as a nursery? I really reiterate that to the parents I've seen so they know its not like the old days!

Will keep an eye out for any news regarding the funding being made easier to access.

adedwards68
15-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Hi

I know some people get registered fairly quickly but I sent my forms off in feb and didnt actually get my register cert until beg of July, so took about 5 months in total
In my area you have to be level 3 qualified to be able to use the funding, again this varies from area to area. I wish it would be the same over the country it would make it a lot easier and fairer

bunyip
15-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Ah well the parent said " I know the play school will want to draw it all but I will use the left over to pay towards child's place with you". Bit naughty then!

I had an inspection st my work couple weeks ago and we had lovely lady but I can defo see that cm aren't treated the same as nurseries are which is sad really! How are parents expected to get used to thinking of cm nowadays as exactly the same set up as a nursery? I really reiterate that to the parents I've seen so they know its not like the old days!

Will keep an eye out for any news regarding the funding being made easier to access.

I hope I've misread the situation. If playschool is claiming for 15 funded hours and having the lo for fewer than 15 hours, that's not a "bit naughty" - it's fraud. :panic: