PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork

lucyk
14-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi

I'm still training at the moment and was wondering what paperwork I'll actually need to buy. I was thinking Daily Diarys for each child, a set of contracts, an accounts book, learning journeys for each child, invoices and receipts book, an accident book. What else do I definitely need and where's the best place to get things from. I've looked at PACEY but I was thinking that they seem really expensive.

Many thanks in advance.

Bumble Beez
14-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Hi lucyk...
Your list of what you need is fine, can't think of much else you NEED to have...

From pacey I use: Contracts Child record forms Accident/incident book

I also have daily diaries from nursery resources http://www.nurseryresources.org/
And I use their LJ templates, toilet training book, 2 yr check templates...

I also have attendance registers and visitors log that I print myself...

I use an online accounting system where I can invoice and receipt from...but have also got a template for my own too.

Don't spend too much and shop around as there is lots of different options available.

Sarah x

blue bear
14-07-2013, 02:54 PM
I buy contracts from morton michel (if you are insured by pacey you must use pacey contracts)

I use a scrap book for learning journal
I buy note books from pound land for daily diary
I made my own and print:
Child records
Attendance records, risk assessments and policies

I use an exercise book one for each child to record accidents/incidents/medication and photocopy for parents when needed.
I do my accounts on a excel spread sheet and write invoices receipts in back of daily diary.

moggy
14-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Remember LJs and diaries can just be blank scrap books or notebooks, no need to spend out on something you might actually not like the layout of. Try your own first and see if you like it- I use lined A5 spiral bound notebooks for diaries.

Kirstylob
14-07-2013, 03:06 PM
I use an exercise book one for each child to record accidents/incidents/medication and photocopy for parents when needed.

I like the idea of using exercise books round record accidents etc. Think I'll pinch yet another good idea - thanks!

Bumble Beez
14-07-2013, 04:29 PM
The only reason I use nursery resources daily diaries is cos they're only £1.50 each and they do different age ranges to suit LO's recording needs...
I thought they were good value personally :)

Sarah x

Bakez66
14-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Hi,
What paperwork should I have in place? I Currently have
Contracts
Child record forms
Accident/incident/permission forms
Learning journeys
Summative assessment/next steps
Policies
Risk assessments
Fire evacuation
Welcome pack for parents
Daily diary
Is there anything I'm missing? Also I'm a bit confused with obs was told on a course to do 1 or 2 detailed obs but then someone I know had an inspection and Miss O said obs only need to be a sentence I'm a little confused!
Appreciate any advice, thanks, Lynda