PDA

View Full Version : Calling Childminders!

JaneyB
11-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I have started to spread the word in my area about the Independent Childminders Facebook group and the Independent Childminders web-site. The doc attached briefly explains about what will happen when / if agencies are created.

I have distributed this document by just laying it out at the local toddler group and it was taken by all childminders and asked if it could be passed on by others. I hope it's helpful and am happy for anyone to use with their details on or leave mine on if you're not happy to do so.

Simona
11-07-2013, 09:01 PM
I can't open the link!!!

Rick
11-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I can't open the link!!!

Really! Works ok for me. You need word or something similar to view it :confused:

Simona
11-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Well I have clicked on the link several times but with no success...I do have Words so can't think of anything else I can do?

Rick
11-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Well I have clicked on the link several times but with no success...I do have Words so can't think of anything else I can do?

Odd. I'm using my IPad but I can't see any reason why you can't open it!

Simona
11-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Strange enough ..it works on my IPad...thank you
Hope someone can work it out so we can access the info via the forum

Rick
11-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Strange enough ..it works on my IPad...thank you
Hope someone can work it out so we can access the info via the forum

I have just opened it on my laptop as well so you must have a problem Simona :laughing:

Mrs Scrubbit
11-07-2013, 10:17 PM
So have I xx

MessybutHappy
11-07-2013, 10:18 PM
So have I xx

Opened it, or got a problem???

:))

jadavi
12-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Reading this on my Iphone - but no link. Could you maybe re- post it?

Mouse
12-07-2013, 06:27 AM
It works on my iPad and laptop.

Simona
12-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Panic over...it works this morning!!

JaneyB
12-07-2013, 08:29 AM
The doc was created on my Mac and saved as a word .doc - I'm not sure what I can try - any suggestions?

JaneyB
12-07-2013, 08:37 AM
the only thing I can think to do is to post the text in for people to amend and save as they see fit. It's not a long doc - just a few brief words to explain those that may not be aware. It looked a bit prettier in my doc!

Calling CHILDMINDERS!!!
As you are aware the Government is trying to bring in childminder agencies – this has passed through the House of Commons and is now with the House of Lords.

The idea of agencies is that childminders join them and get their work and training through them - for a fee. This fee could be to the parent or childminder – all of this is yet unclear.

As a member of an agency there will be no individual inspection by Ofsted as the Agency will be inspected instead. On the training front it is likely to mean that local authority support will disappear - some councils have already sacked their childminding support staff.

Many childminders (including me) have said that they wish to remain independent – not joining an agency. An independent childminder will advertise their own service, have an individual inspection by Ofsted and will need to find their own training. I, for one, have worked hard to build my business and am happy to do this – others feel the same.

To help independent childminders support each other in sourcing this training (clubbing together) and as a general support to each other with business advice, paperwork, ideas, etc a new web-site for independent childminders has been set up. It is free to join and is in it’s early infancy :-

Independent Childminders - Supporting each other (http://www.independentchildminders.co.uk)

For those of you that use Facebook a closed group has been created called ‘Independent childminders’.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/independentchildminders/

It’s a moderated group (no photos of children, etc) and has a wealth of advice and support. As a closed group you will need someone to invite you – if you wish to join email me at janebromfield@aol.com and I will request for you to join.

Please pass on to other childminders / toddler groups / networks

If you have any further questions either call or email me:

Jane: 07966 209871
janebromfield@aol.com

sarah707
12-07-2013, 09:34 AM
I have edited the first post to add a pdf version - I think! I've never done it before so I hope it worked :laughing:

Thank you so much for doing this JaneyB it is really appreciated :clapping::clapping: