PDA

View Full Version : First Proper Inspection

Katteriffic
11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Hiya,

I had a phone call asking about the children I had and the days I work. Is this all the notice I get or do we normally get another call about more specific days?

Slightly panicking :panic:

Kat

alex1604
11-07-2013, 03:37 PM
You should get a call from an inspector in the next week or two saying that they will come the following week... Now's the time to get all your paperwork sorted and your SEF completed (if you haven't already).

I had my first inspection yesterday and was probably about 2-3 weeks ago I had the call asking if I was working and on which days etc.

Let us know how it goes!

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Hiya,

I had a phone call asking about the children I had and the days I work. Is this all the notice I get or do we normally get another call about more specific days?

Slightly panicking :panic:

Kat

Do you know who the call was from?

I thought there were two calls - first one from Ofsted or Tribal/Prospects just to assess if you currently have children on roll. Second call anything between a few days to a couple of weeks after from Mrs O to find out when you are around. That's what happened to me anyway...

But I could be wrong!

charlottenash
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
I got this call yesterday and panicked completely.

I'm hoping I get notice I can't handle someone just unexpectedly turning up on the doorstep and expecting to see loads of paperwork which is in different rooms and cupboards!

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 05:04 PM
I got this call yesterday and panicked completely.

I'm hoping I get notice I can't handle someone just unexpectedly turning up on the doorstep and expecting to see loads of paperwork which is in different rooms and cupboards!

Given that you are already 'on the radar' I'd be tempted to phone back (or phone Ofsted if they didn't leave a number) and ask if you will get another call from Mrs O. Just say you have a busy schedule of groups / pickups. At least you could clarify if it was just the first call or not. Otherwise you could potentially be feeling like this for another couple of weeks....

I feel you pain - awaiting the same call myself.
They do phone on the unawares / when least expected though, don't they :-/

xxx

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 05:05 PM
I feel YOUR pain :-)

Katteriffic
11-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Thank you, feel somewhat reassured now!

I haven't really started my SEF yet, let alone finished it. How bad is it if I haven't done it?

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you, feel somewhat reassured now!

I haven't really started my SEF yet, let alone finished it. How bad is it if I haven't done it?

Don't know - part way through mine too...

MessybutHappy
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
My advice would be try to get as much of your SEF done as possible, even if you have it in hard copy on the day. It saves time and proves reflection. It definately contributed to my grading!

charlottenash
11-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm going to go through it all at the weekend sort all of my paperwork and have it reasonably accessible and then their welcome to show up when they please, I've for nothing to hide but I can't guarantee ill be home! We're always out and about :)

charlottenash
11-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Can you imagine after writing that if they just turned up tomorrow lol!!! *panic*

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Can you imagine after writing that if they just turned up tomorrow lol!!! *panic*

Go out!!!!

charlottenash
12-07-2013, 05:45 AM
We plan to anyway thank goodness!

Katteriffic
12-07-2013, 09:43 AM
I've got it all printed out so that I can write bits in as I think about them, but yes I will have a closer look at them all over the weekend. have just been trying to make sure that all my bits of paper are where I'm expecting to find them! And that there aren't any random bits in there that might throw me off!

Is there anything else anyone found particularly useful as well?

Katteriffic
15-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Mrs Ofsted rung today. And is all booked in to come see me next week! She was lovely, and is the same lady who did my reg visit so for the moment I am quite calm... Lets see how long that lasts!

teacakepenguin
15-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Good luck, I do hope I get the same lady from my pre-reg too. Although I don't have any early years on my books just now, just 2 under 8 and one 11 year old, although I'll have a child starting reception coming to me in Sept too. Hopefully in November I'll have another child starting reception (so another before/after schoolie) and his little baby brother :)