PDA

View Full Version : first proper enquiry - confused

benandjerrys
08-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Iv just had my first enquiry from a stranger:clapping: Parent wants Thursday, Friday and following Monday mornings just to take 3 year old to my childrens school and this is just once a month. so I have some questions...I have a baby booked in starting November (place saved for her) Monday Thursday and Fridays (same days as new parent wants) I will be picking baby up from outside the school gates at 9 am so if I take on new child just to take to school would it be as if it was one place IYKWIM? Obviously they musnt overlap. Is this okay?

In my area children start at the school nursery the term after their third birthday. The new child will be 3 but doing 10 sessions a week. Regarding the EYFS would I be expected to do obs because there would be no way I could for 3 hours a month. I have only read about 4 year olds classed as rising 5s not 3 year olds.

Also how much would I charge? I haven't really thought of an hourly figure just a daily rate of £30? I know its not much but this family could want holiday care at some point and I suppose its a start

Any advice appreciated as I got to ring he back soon :)

Karen1
08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
hi emma

i would say as long as you dont have them both at the same time then you are only caring for one under one at one time (no overlapping). so would be ok.

if you are just taking to school i wouldnt do obs. but if you are caring at home, then i would do some obs and make a small learnign journal, but dont go overboard.

I would charge an hourly rate, Im charging £4 an hour here. What are other cm in your areacharging?

exciting times. just wish my cert was here, so i could start.
good luck let me know

ktdg85
10-07-2013, 07:11 PM
The overlap will be fine numbers wise, as for obs, you won't need to do formal ones as such, but three will still be things you notice that he/she will start doing which you hadn't noticed before, just log them in a journal/scrapbook with pictures linking to the EYFS and that will suffice.

benandjerrys
11-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Thank you :)