PDA

View Full Version : MY NEW WEBSITE!!!! :)

EmmaReed84
08-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Please let me know what you think. HONESTLY! :thumbsup: (I need to know if I have made any mistakes, if I can make it better etc)

Ofsted registered Childminder - HOME (http://www.emmasexplorers.com)

AgentTink
08-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Ha ha, i need my eyes tested or it may be just my dirty mind but when i read your email address i read it as info @ emma sex plorers :laughing::littleangel:

On the first page under your photographs you talk about healthy eating however it looks like the start of the sentance is missing as it doesnt fit with what you have just said about visits to santa.

On about me when your talking about your MIL you just need to change the word look to looked.

On the page EYFS were you say Expressive Arts and Design, it shouldnt have a s at the end of designs.

Other than those little things, it is a great, to the point, webpage for your business. :thumbsup:

hectors house
08-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Oops I only spotted a couple of mistakes that Agent tink has pointed out above- I think your website is great, did you make it yourself? Well done and hope you fill your spaces for September up soon.

EmmaReed84
08-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Ha ha, i need my eyes tested or it may be just my dirty mind but when i read your email address i read it as info @ emma sex plorers :laughing::littleangel: NOOOOOO, now you have said that, that is all I am going to see LOL :panic: :blush:

On the first page under your photographs you talk about healthy eating however it looks like the start of the sentance is missing as it doesnt fit with what you have just said about visits to santa. Ah, yes, I added the pictures after the text and it all went to pot, all corrected now though

On about me when your talking about your MIL you just need to change the word look to looked. DONE

On the page EYFS were you say Expressive Arts and Design, it shouldnt have a s at the end of designs. DONE

Other than those little things, it is a great, to the point, webpage for your business. :thumbsup:

Thank you

I have read through the site so many times for errors but I think after a while you end up skimming because you know what it says, then you miss obvious mistakes!

Hectorshouse. Thank you, the site is hosted by vistaprint which is not too bad... I have used better hosting sites which were cheaper, but I just want everything all tied up in one place as I plan to use the logo on my daily diaries and get the book bags so everything looks neat... Little bit OCD-ish LOL...

migimoo
08-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Fantastic!!

Memina
08-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Great website. Well done

Richard
08-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Looks great! :)

On your links page, the link to the forum, labelled Childminding Help does not work - it goes to the incorrect website. Also some of the other links on your links page are going to the incorrect websites.

Samijanec
08-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Hehehe, I see Emma's sex ploras as well. Dirty mind I have :(

EmmaReed84
08-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Looks great! :)

On your links page, the link to the forum, labelled Childminding Help does not work - it goes to the incorrect website. Also some of the other links on your links page are going to the incorrect websites.

Thank you for that, I will get on that right away! :D Looks like all links are to the Foundation Years website... greedy beggars LOL!

Do you want the link to the actual forum or the childminding help site?

Bumble Beez
08-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Really really nice Emma...good job! I suppose I really should have a website, been minding since '05 and never looked into one.
I like the detail and layout of the site x

Sarah x

Petshrinklj
08-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Fab website. Just wondering if you may live near me as one of photos looks like Santa at lakeside, essex. I live in Grays.

karensmart4
08-07-2013, 08:58 PM
On the front page you say you have two swing....

A lovely website, well done :)

EmmaReed84
08-07-2013, 09:04 PM
On the front page you say you have two swing....

A lovely website, well done :)

?? Swing and Slide sets?

I have not put swings and slides as separate because they are the big all-in-one ones, with slides, seesaws, rope swings and swings. The whole thing is a "swing & slide set"

If that makes sense.

Richard
08-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Could the link me to the forum please? :)

Thank you for that, I will get on that right away! :D Looks like all links are to the Foundation Years website... greedy beggars LOL!

Do you want the link to the actual forum or the childminding help site?

Tiptoes.
20-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Brilliant website! Looks lovely :) One of the best ones

Let me know what you think of mine - I run it with my sister.

Welcome to Tiptoes Childminding - Home (http://www.tiptoeschildminding.vpweb.co.uk)

Thanks,
Sally :)

FussyElmo
20-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Brilliant website! Looks lovely :) One of the best ones

Let me know what you think of mine - I run it with my sister.

Welcome to Tiptoes Childminding - Home (http://www.tiptoeschildminding.vpweb.co.uk)

Thanks,
Sally :)

Looks good thanks for the link back to the forum :thumbsup:

r white
29-07-2013, 10:31 AM
How easy was it Emma to design your website ?

It looks lovely :-) the design is nice, bright and clear

How did you go about making it ?

I made one when I first started my business well actually my neice did lol hehehe but for some reason we can seem to access it anymore so really need to design another one
Many thanks Becky x

EmmaReed84
29-07-2013, 11:01 AM
How easy was it Emma to design your website ?

It looks lovely :-) the design is nice, bright and clear

How did you go about making it ?

I made one when I first started my business well actually my neice did lol hehehe but for some reason we can seem to access it anymore so really need to design another one
Many thanks Becky x

I have done mine through Vistaprint, I do pay for it monthly, but I get a lot from it and I find it suits me better. I have my own email which is easy to remember for clients, it does not get mixed up with my personal email and also looks professional... I have info@emmasexplorers I feel it just makes the whole thing streamlined and easy.

The site has take a while to get to this stage. I did the main pages... Home, About me, Fees etc then added pages and tweaked it as I went along. There are some things I don't like, but they are outweighed by the things I do like.

There are loads of free web hosting sites, the one I used previous was webs.com

r white
29-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Did you have to pay for your business website address ? I only have a personal one at the moment is it easy to change everything over. Would I have to inform ofsted and my accountant about my change of name on my website address ?
Sorry feel like I'm rambling lol :-)
Thanks Becky x