PDA

View Full Version : Help - Dogs and yellow grass

AliceK
07-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Okay so I have a male and a female dog. Only had the female dog here since November. They are only allowed a certain area in the garden the rest is fenced off for the children. The grass in the dogs area looks like it's all died, its yellow and bare. I've heard it's to do with female dogs wee rather than male dogs and have bought some GreenUms tablets to give her. Not sure if they will work but need to do something as it just looks awful. OH is slowly re-seeding this area (bit by bit) but I need to find a solution otherwise it's a waste of time him doing it. Have any of you dog owners got any magical advice for me???

xxxx

FussyElmo
07-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Concrete :laughing::laughing:

Seriously I don't think there is a magical cure. My lawn is wreaked we are trying to save for artificial grass :D

AliceK
07-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Concrete :laughing::laughing:

Seriously I don't think there is a magical cure. My lawn is wreaked we are trying to save for artificial grass :D

So no magical cure then :laughing:

xxx

ajc
07-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Not sure if its an old wives tale but try giving her a bit of tomato sauce on dinner, it is supposed to neutralise it, worth a try!

FussyElmo
07-07-2013, 02:29 PM
So no magical cure then :laughing:

xxx

If you find one let me know as my grass is trashed and I would love to have it green again. But with 2 female dogs and my 4 children its looks like fake is the way forward. Just need the finances to do it :-D

lizduncan72
07-07-2013, 03:05 PM
I wish I had the answer too :( I just end up reseeding mine every spring and by autumn it's trashed again. The joys of dogs!!

Sarsar3NCH
07-07-2013, 05:38 PM
I am trying green ums and dog rocks at the moment but its not working. I have read that a protein rich diet is also part of the cause but I'm not sure of what percentage constitutes protein rich. Girl dogs cause it more as they squat so it's concentrated rather than boys that tinkle from a higher level. It can also be made worse by having a well fertilised lawn :-(