PDA

View Full Version : Please someone help with tax return

Smileyface
06-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Hello this is my first tax return and its so difficult anyway I've come across this.....
Our records show that your 1012-13 paye notice of coding includes an adjustment for tax underpaid
Then the next page is asking for my bank details?
Heeeeeelp?
Thank you

Sarsar3NCH
06-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Sorry I have no idea, hopefully someone will be able to give you and answer soon x

Karine79
07-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Hello this is my first tax return and its so difficult anyway I've come across this.....
Our records show that your 1012-13 paye notice of coding includes an adjustment for tax underpaid
Then the next page is asking for my bank details?
Heeeeeelp?
Thank you

I would call them and ask. It seems as if the tax code was incorrect and you've not paid enough. But I'm not sure that they ask for bank details?? Phone them and they will be able to explain and if it is right enough.

loocyloo
07-07-2013, 07:04 AM
hi, sorry, I can't help with the PAYE code.

but I've always thought that its odd that they ask for your account details where they do!

as far as I know, they only want your account details in order to refund you money :D ( I put mine in, and only once in 10 years did i get a refund! :rolleyes: )

when you have finished your tax return, they then tell you how much tax/NI you have to pay and by what date. ( jan 14 for 2012-13 I think ) I usually pay my tax bill there and then, but I think you get sent a letter telling you when to pay otherwise.

tax returns DO get easier, but I still panic about it every year!

good luck x

bellacat
10-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I had similar problems when i first tried to do mine(8years ago now). Couldn't get my head around a lot of it, and considering I hadn't earnt enough to even pay any tax, I looked for help. Now I use the accountant that is listed in the Pacey magazine, "Only Childminding". He is fantastic and yes you have to pay £75 a year for the service. But this goes towards your expenses and over the years he has put so many things through that I would never have thought of. I am sure that I would have paid a lot of tax over the years if I had done it myself. Also the peace of mind is worth it's weight. :thumbsup: