PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed anything?

sprinkles
03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm starting my minding in August and wondering if I've missed anything. I've got my PL insurance sorted, need to do the house insurance and let HMRC know I'm going to be self employed. Anything else I need to do??

rosebud
03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Presuming you've done the mandatory training. Car insurance is another one if you'll be driving them around - you need to be insured for business use.

sprinkles
03-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Presuming you've done the mandatory training. Car insurance is another one if you'll be driving them around - you need to be insured for business use.

I'm in Scotland so no 'mandatory' training apart from the SCMA induction pack. However, I've done first aid, pre-birth to three and child protection. Doing infection control soon too. I'm not planning on using the car, if I do we will be getting another one as OH won't let me use our one.

Bumble Beez
04-07-2013, 05:37 AM
I think you're probably ready to go then...
Make sure you've got a fire blanket and first aid kit.
Food hygiene is probably a good course to have and I did an introduction to EYFS course and a what's new course when it changed here...maybe look at a course like that which gives you info on the Scottish curriculum requirements.

Good luck...
Sarah x