PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find this swimming ring

AliceK
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
My 2 children have swimming lessons and they use a black adjustable tube thing that fits around their waist and can have a polysterene block through it too at the back. They start off with a double black tube plus the polysterene block, then take the block off and then when really confident just use 1 black tube. The tubes are inflated and sit snugly around the waist. Does anyone have any idea what they are called or where I can get one. I have spent ages on Google looking and can't see them.

xxxx

Mouse
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
I've not seen those before.

Could you phone the swimming baths & ask what they are?

AgentTink
01-07-2013, 11:58 AM
No sorry not heard of them, all the lessons up here use shark fins on the childrens backs. As Mouse says can you ask the swimming pool instructor?

k1rstie
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM
My local swimming school use these! They always make me chuckle, as they look like bike inner tubes with elastic bands around them. Very effective! Sorry, I do not know what they are called. If you ave not found out by the weekend, I can ask at our next lesson.

Kirstie

AliceK
01-07-2013, 12:47 PM
My local swimming school use these! They always make me chuckle, as they look like bike inner tubes with elastic bands around them. Very effective! Sorry, I do not know what they are called. If you ave not found out by the weekend, I can ask at our next lesson.

Kirstie

Yes, those are the ones :thumbsup:. I've looked everywhere for them. Thanks for the offer, I'll ask on Saturday when they go for their next lesson.

Thanks xxx

rickysmiths
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Gosh I have never heard of anything used except for very tiny ones sorry. I would ask the instructor. We were always told it was better not to use any swimming aids when learning to swim.

Mouse
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Kirstie

Perhaps that's what they are! Maybe try the cycle shops instead :laughing: