PDA

View Full Version : Meeting with children centre

tori4
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Feeling very brave I have just arrange a meeting with our local cc regarding the proposed changes.

And their thoughts and plans regarding agencies and hubs.

Which supposedly they now nothing abt and they are run by 4children.

Will let u know how it's goes xT

Simona
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Please keep us informed and well done for doing so...we must all question as much as possible

sarah707
01-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Brilliant please let us know how it goes! :D

tori4
02-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Well not surprising I got a very rude reply and was told they couldn't meet with me until August!!

She totally dismissed my concerns saying they were national projects (childcare hubs) and couldn't comment

I had asked other more important questions such as information sharing and future support but neither of these were even addressed.

Have written a very /:-( reply - BUT not sent this was just for me to get it off my chest. Gonna re- think my reply and Next steps.

We also did a bit of secret shopper - phoned cc asking for childcare - was told they were not allowed to give out details ( childminder/ nursery) - our cc has the monopoly on both pre-natal n postnatal patents as maternity and HV all run from there.

Hence our concern with information sharing

Can't even look at the email without steaming :-0 !!! Arrrgh

Simona
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Have you thought about ringing 4Children and asking them?
They have been given tax payers' money for this via their grants...see if they answer your questions....
Their CEO is Sue Robb and I heard her say she is concerned about agencies...see what they say

hectors house
02-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Well done for trying - hope your questions ruffled their feathers too!

oxfordshirecm
02-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Well done for trying- think I might ask some questions tomorrow when I go to my centre

The Juggler
02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Well not surprising I got a very rude reply and was told they couldn't meet with me until August!!

She totally dismissed my concerns saying they were national projects (childcare hubs) and couldn't comment

I had asked other more important questions such as information sharing and future support but neither of these were even addressed.

Have written a very /:-( reply - BUT not sent this was just for me to get it off my chest. Gonna re- think my reply and Next steps.

We also did a bit of secret shopper - phoned cc asking for childcare - was told they were not allowed to give out details ( childminder/ nursery) - our cc has the monopoly on both pre-natal n postnatal patents as maternity and HV all run from there.

Hence our concern with information sharing

Can't even look at the email without steaming :-0 !!! Arrrgh

hon, well done you for trying :clapping::clapping: sorry about the response. I hold out NO hope for childrens' centres who were not pro-CM before - even when a major target was to engage CM's and improve the quality of local childcare. Now, they have had this target removed so there is no responsibility on them to support us whatsoever :panic:

tori4
02-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Have you thought about ringing 4Children and asking them?
They have been given tax payers' money for this via their grants...see if they answer your questions....
Their CEO is Sue Robb and I heard her say she is concerned about agencies...see what they say

Hi Simona

This is a 4children children centre!!!! This was the mangers response to that query

" I have been advised that your query is in relation to a national project that 4Children are involved with therefore unfortunately I am unable to comment locally."

She had verbally told a fellow CM last week she new nothing abt childcare hubs!! Hence why I shared the 4children website link with her

Hilarious !!

Simona
03-07-2013, 07:02 AM
I mentioned Sue Robb because at the Westminster Briefing seminar on 5 June Sue Robb addressed us and said she was concerned about agencies, therefore, I assume there should be no secret about this

I contacted 4Children a while back to get some clarification on what 'childcare hubs' are and did not really get a reply...so I will try again today...if anyone else wants to call them it is 020 7512 2100

I really believe that cms should not be the ones looking for info but our representing associations should find out for us...
Pacey wants to know about LAs but they should also look at other things cms are worried about

I am going to do something now and get back to you later

I have just emailed sue Robb and will let you know when I get a reply

Simona
03-07-2013, 05:13 PM
And got a reply ...not sure she has actually made it clear but see what you think
This is her message:

''Community Childcare Hubs is a DfE project being run by 4 children but NOT in their centre hence by approaching them indeed you would not have found out the programme for them.

Within this stream of work commissioned by the DfE there are 16 projects being run by 16 organisations of which this is one.

There is no secrecy about this project and indeed we ran an article in Nursery World.

As the project develops we will be sharing the learning on the Foundations website and in the sector press as we recognize the interest in it.

The aim is the programme is to

Establish a hub of all local childcare providers in a local area to built around an outstanding provider

Support quality improvement across the hub

Support the provision for two year old place

Explore an offer of blended childcare to parents when necessary.

The hub areas are Cambridge, Northumberland, Leeds, Wigan, Newham, Mitchem, Devon, Gloucs, York to ensure national representation. (end)