PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating! How long is this bit going to take?!

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 07:06 AM
I'm pre reg (though have already been a childminder) and Ofsted had advised me due to the fact I was a minder so recently I didn't need crb, health check etc. So I agreed informally to take a child on (supposed to start today :( ) and then Ofsted changed their mind and said actually yes we want all of it!

My CRB form went in on 29/5, it's still stuck on stage 4, it's the final thing I needed before the pre reg visit too everything else is in place! So now I'm hoping that the parents continue to want me, I'm the only adult in the house so I need to time my notice period at current job really well so I can afford the transition...

Another childminder was told locally she could cm pre-certificate but had to be for free. Is that true????

I'm just so frustrated, it was all going so well too!

Sorry rant over :( lol

MessybutHappy
01-07-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm sure wiser folk will be along soon, but I would think that you would have no insurance if you cared for children pre reg? I remember the pain of having to work when I didn't want to, I just wanted to move on to the next but of my life, but would say, be patient! If you loose this family because they can't wait, you'll find another, but do everything in the right order! Good Luck

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Thanks, I didn't mean I was going to, I mean more it's frustrating how people are told different things. I'm sure working for free cant be true?!

Kiddleywinks
01-07-2013, 07:29 AM
How long is a piece of string...?

Stage 4 means it's sat on someone's desk somewhere judging by others frustrations at this stage
Some have taken a few days, others have taken a few weeks or more

Hope it doesn't take too long :thumbsup:

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Yay, after looking at some older posts on here, I phoned the DBS team at the local police station and the nice man will do mine next :D by the sound of it it was at the bottom of a large pile. Fingers crossed he's true to his word!

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 11:41 AM
He phoned back, all done and showing on tracking :D definitely worth it to chase these things!!