PDA

View Full Version : learning journey confusion...

Bumble Beez
26-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Ok, so need a little advic as I'm now completely confused...
4 years ago I was inspected and told that my LJ's were great...keep up the good work.
Last week I have had a terrible ordeal of an inspection where it has left me utterly questioning myself and my practice.
My main confusion is the LJ's...I do daily, weekly and monthly obs, some adult focused, some child initiated...
I record, assess and plan next steps...I link this in with my plans, both general setting plans and individual plans...yet they're now not good enough?
I felt that I was doing a good job on them and never had any concerns from parents or other settings so what am I doing wrong?

Please help...
Sarah x

Rick
26-06-2013, 02:37 PM
It is perfectly possible you had an unreasonable inspector and there is nothing wrong with what it are doing. It sounds to me like it is fine :thumbsup:

sarah707
26-06-2013, 06:01 PM
What is the wording of your action? If you share that then we can give you a more focussed answer. Hugs xx

The Juggler
26-06-2013, 06:20 PM
sorry to hear you had a hard time.

blue bear
26-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Theseo sections are getting scary, such a shame they don't all sing from the same hymn sheet. Can you tell us exactly what the Inspector said about your lj's please.

Bumble Beez
26-06-2013, 07:45 PM
What is the wording of your action? If you share that then we can give you a more focussed answer. Hugs xx

Hi Sarah, I actually don't know what my actions are...I didn't get to hear what she had written only got a very brief verbal feedback and told that my report would be with me in a few weeks.
Once I receive my written report I will post and see where I've gone wrong!! Xx

Bumble Beez
26-06-2013, 07:51 PM
MTK007...Thank you! I am trying to stay positive but I feel like my confidence in taken a huge knock xx

bindy
26-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Probably nothing wrong, just another crazy inspector.

sarah707
26-06-2013, 07:55 PM
You are in the right place here for help and advice... xx

Rick
26-06-2013, 08:01 PM
MTK007...Thank you! I am trying to stay positive but I feel like my confidence in taken a huge knock xx

We've heard some horror stories on here before so it wouldn't be the first time we've heard someone say they feel hard done by. Don't take it as a knock, take it as motivation to continue doing the things you are doing because it sounds like you're doing a good job, you've just had an unreasonable inspector. So long as your parents think you are doing a good job, that's he most important thing.
:group hug:

bunyip
27-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Same CM.
Same LJs
Same children
Same parents
Different inspector
Different outcome.

Cause and effect.............................?

Don't think we need Inspector Morse on this one. :rolleyes:

So unfair. :( Hope you're ok, Bumble Beez. :group hug:

Some inspectors are like computers: you really need to punch the information into them. :mad:

miffy
27-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Wait for your report you'll be in a better position to challenge the inspector then (if that's what you want to do).

You'll get lots of help and support on here if you need it.

Miffy xx

Bumble Beez
27-06-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't think I've got the energy or enthusiasm to challenge...however I suppose it depends on what my report says.
I've got a good group of minders in my area who are all there to support each other and now feel like I've got a huge support network behind me on here too...childminding can make you feel very isolated if you let it.
Sarah x

Bumble Beez
27-06-2013, 07:36 AM
bunyip.. I'm ok, thank you...getting over it a bit now lol!
Dust myself off and move on :)
Sarah x