PDA

View Full Version : Getting references

Keeley77
26-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have a specific form that they use to obtain a reference from a family when they leave?

i'm not sure what to put on the forms

Any suggestions would be really helpful

Thanks

charlottenash
26-06-2013, 07:57 AM
I might be being very silly but I didn't understand the question? Do you mean the reference for Ofsted?

Keeley77
26-06-2013, 11:00 AM
I might be being very silly but I didn't understand the question? Do you mean the reference for Ofsted?

Sorry, i wrote the post in a rush!

I have a family leaving shortly and would like them to do me a reference that I can show to new prospective new parents.

Was hoping for some ideas from others as to whether they had a form such as a questionnaire type of thing that they asked parents to complete.

.... also handy for showing OFSTED

rickysmiths
26-06-2013, 11:26 AM
I ask a leaving family to fill in a short questionnaire and I ask them to write a letter. Some do and some don't. I usually get a card at least with a comment in it. I keep them all in a folder with the title 'Parents feedback'. I also ask if they would mind if prospective parents called them though in my experience the best parents never ask for a reference, the parents that make a big fuss about getting references are in my experience the ones that end up going to a Nursery because they don't like the idea of their child being with one person.