PDA

View Full Version : retainer???

abba1772
07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
i have someone coming round to tomorrow night to see about a one off week placement which i have available.

now do i charge a retainer or not, it's for next week from 0700 to 1800, i know it's short notice but would a reatiner of £20 - £30 cover it as i'm worried if they take the place they might phone at the last minute and cnce as some do.

what do you think!!!!

katickles
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Pesonally I would just arrange for them to call round Friday night - sign a short term contract & fill in permission forms. I would also arrange that they pay you in arrears on friday.

HTH

cloud9
07-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Pesonally I would just arrange for them to call round Friday night - sign a short term contract & fill in permission forms. I would also arrange that they pay you in arrears on friday.

HTH

i would also arrange for them to come and sign all the paperwork etc but i would not charge a retainer but advise them as its only short term for a week you would expect full payment to be made in advance and thats non-refundable

littletreasures
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Definitely payment in advance on Friday for the following week.

Short-term contract and essential permission forms.

Good luck

littletreasures

katickles
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
i would also arrange for them to come and sign all the paperwork etc but i would not charge a retainer but advise them as its only short term for a week you would expect full payment to be made in advance and thats non-refundable

Yeah sorry thats what i was meaning - you have explained it better though :D