PDA

View Full Version : Anyone technically minded about ICloud/Photo Stream?

Kiddleywinks
23-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Oh how I hate being a technophope :(

I have an ICloud (not sure what I do with it to be honest, but it's there :laughing:)
I have it set up to use mostly for photos to stream
I have moved some photos from the photo stream to a childs obs folder, and now can't open the photo.

gone back onto photo stream, and they're no longer there, and they're not still on my iphone either!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Smiley
23-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Are they also in an album in your camera roll?
Is your iCloud set to automatically back up or do you back up from your computer via iTunes?
You can check in settings then select iCloud and you should see backup and storage

Chatterbox Childcare
23-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I have an icloud icon on my desktop and when I clicked on it I said where I wanted my photo stream file which I also put on my desktop. Where is yours?

Kiddleywinks
23-06-2013, 08:48 PM
What I did was plug my iphone into the pc, accessed the camera roll folder through the laptop and copied the photos to the different childrens folder off the iphone, then deleted them via the laptop off my phone (deleting data as per data protection)

When I've gone into the childs folder later to start writing up the obs, the piccy is showing the pretty animation flower rather than the photo taken. When I click on it it says I can't open it :panic: so only has the picture number
When I went onto 'photo stream' on the pc, there is no corresponding number eg the piccy I can't open is IMG_0337, the pictures in photo stream are from IMG_1066 upwards

I didn't think it'd be deleted of photo stream if I deleted it off my phone - thought that was the point :panic:
Ah well, can see me trawling through the daily diaries next week to remind me what obs I made :rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
23-06-2013, 11:26 PM
You should have a folder on your pc called photo stream.

Once you take a photo with your iphone it will download into this folder via wifi, you do not download it yourself. This is why you haven't got it in photo stream

Why not go to start, search and put in the photo number and see what comes up - it may just be in a different folder.

Otherwise, sorry you have lost it I think

clareelizabeth1
24-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Check your trash bin on PC it might be there if so click restore.