PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding Policy

Little_steps
22-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know of a good sample i can look at to get me started?

I have left this one until last like we all do I imagine! I know i need to add the local authority contacts etc.

I'm in norfolk so if you have the contact details on you that would be awesome!

thank you

christine e
23-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Not in Norfolk but have found this

http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/view/NCC110820

with regard to sample policies if you are a member of pacey you can take a look at theirs or have a look on the Bromley childminders site

Policies and Procedures (http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html)

bunyip
23-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi Little Steps :waving:,

No offence meant, but don't be upset if this thread gets few replies. A lot of us are wary of policy/paperwork requests from new members. It's not personal, but we get many instances of people joining the Forum, collecting other people's hard work, then disappearing - and some of us are fed up with seeing our work being sold on fleaBay, etc.

I personally no longer post my policies on threads for that reason and because frankly they are no use to anyone but me and my setting.

As mentioned, the Bromley site has a good example to work from. It is essential that your policy reflects your provision. Ofsted will definitely be looking to see that your policy does this, and includes all the local contacts, other agencies, reporting system and requirements of your LSCB. Contact your LA's FIS, and your LSCB for details. Also download the latest 2013 version of Working Together to Safeguard Children and integrate it into your policy and practice. Ofsted are also very keen to see you implement the new requirements covering use of cameras and phones in your setting - a big thing since the Little Ted's Nursery case.

I think you're wise to leave this one until last, as you can use the experience you've learnt writing your other policies. But don't imagine it's a quick one: it calls for a lot of research and thought on how to apply it to your service. :)

k1rstie
23-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I discussed the Bromley site with my inspector. She said she had seen many childminders who had just cut and pasted all their policies from Bromley . Often these included the logo's and all the phone numbers!
So for example, if the minder lived in Manchester, and she needed to contact social services about a child, she stated that she would call Bromley social services, or call Bromley's borough officers.

Good luck

Little_steps
23-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I managed to find one so thanks for your replies.

I have done all my polices and just need to do this last one which is a biggy and then onto my permission slips before deciding if I want to add any extra policies.

I understand bunyip, no offence taken. I wasn't looking to see a members own one, just a sample one as I didn't see it on the Bromley site.

I work in a day nursery so pretty clued up on the mobile phone usage part, think sometimes you need to see how it's structured before your mind starts churning and you feel able to make a start on your own.lol.

I also managed to find a teeny card I was given on child protection course which I believe has all the contacts on, no worries as I am going on another one soon for the childminding.
Xx