PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding children or child protection?

littletreasures
22-06-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm trying to rewrite my safeguarding children policy, but is it safeguarding children or child protection?

I thought it had changed to safeguarding children, but my local council site has child protection.

sing-low
22-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Actually I think it's now 'Safeguarding and Welfare'. I put 'Safeguarding and Welfare Policy (formerly known as Child Protection)' to avoid confusion

christine e
22-06-2013, 06:39 PM
child protection comes under safeguarding - have a read of this

The difference between safeguarding and child protection - Popular questions (http://www.education.gov.uk/popularquestions/a0064461/safeguarding-and-child-protection)

sarah707
22-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Mine is called - safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures - covers all bases :laughing::D

littletreasures
22-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Mine is called - safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures - covers all bases :laughing::D

i like your way of thinking Sarah :laughing:

I'm ready to throw the computer out the window now. I'm sorting all my policies and permission forms out and trying to work out what order to put them in.
It's doing my head in!!!!

sarah707
22-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Safeguarding and complaints have to be handed to parents in writing - so they go at the front.

Then the rest in alphabetical order :D

littletreasures
23-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Really? That simple? I've been trying to put them in to sections and like things together

Thanks Sarah.

sarah707
23-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Really? That simple? I've been trying to put them in to sections and like things together

Thanks Sarah.

Why complicate things? :laughing: I am all for simple - I don't have time for anything else :D

bunyip
23-06-2013, 09:05 AM

I've lost track of the ever-changing fashion for what it's called. Does the name really matter more to Ofsted than whether the policy actually does what it's meant to?

Thinking of re-titling mine, "How I keep the little bu88ers alive'. :D