PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Please

mummyme
21-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi all,

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question?!

A vacancy has come up in my sons school for a teaching assistant and it appeals to me - sssshhhhh don't tell any of my mindees parents, its making me feel most disloyal!

For the role, I need to have an NVQ level 3. Am I correct in thinking that my Level 3 diploma in home based childcare is the same thing?

Thanks for any help.

:panic:

bindy
21-06-2013, 06:02 PM
No NVQ3 is nursery based. You could do one on line takes around 1year/18 months to complete depending how long you spend doing it, you will get up to 2 years to finish. It's not called NVQ3 anymore, it's changed names/courses twice since!!

bunyip
21-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Hi all,

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question?!

A vacancy has come up in my sons school for a teaching assistant and it appeals to me - sssshhhhh don't tell any of my mindees parents, its making me feel most disloyal!

For the role, I need to have an NVQ level 3. Am I correct in thinking that my Level 3 diploma in home based childcare is the same thing?

Thanks for any help.

:panic:

I applied to do NVQ level 3 in childcare (my Do's recommendation) only to be told that NVQs were being phased out and replaced with the level 3 Diploma for CYPW.

The whole point of the 'level' numbers is that they are intended to represent a standard of equivalence for qualifications issued anywhere across the EU. Level 3 is roughly A-level standard.

Hope this helps. :)

blue bear
21-06-2013, 06:24 PM
https://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/qualification-search.aspx

Childcare courses confuse students on Level 3 status | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1126837/childcare-courses-confuse-students-level-3-status)

Try these links hope they are some help.

Stapleton83
21-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Could you ring and ask the question, saying you are interested but don't want to waste everyone's time if your qualification would not be considered relevant?

Good luck.

Sam

mummyme
21-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone for all your help.

I am really interested in gaining this qualification. Does anybody know how I go about doing the online course. Would I need to start at level 1?

Excuse my dimness!

The Juggler
21-06-2013, 09:24 PM
some schools are specific about level 3 TA qualifications and some are fine with a level 3 - they feel the experience you have working with children is more important.

Give it ia shot. what have you got to lose.