PDA

View Full Version : pre reg just finished!

Karen1
21-06-2013, 12:51 PM
PHew is all I can say.

Ofsted inspector very nice, Knocking at my door as she was early, and I walked around the corner from the school run! so no time for anything, so glad I left house clean and tidy. Think she inspected everything-

checked my glass dresser doors for the glass-too thin, brackets for the glass etc, doors are at a height- but need protective film for them!

checked my smoke alarms- they do beep and continued to beep through out the interview! (she did complain of a headache during interview!)

Where do I keep my alcohol.

Cant have a door lock on my bathroom door, she then put a towel over the door to stop it shutting and locking while she looked inside bathroom!

Also need safety lock on bathroom cabinet, even though up high.

No fire blanket or extinguisher- although not a requirement she said something to think about!

lots on safeguarding and activities with the kids and how to adapt and do new steps.

read all my policies and my experience and generally me. checked all ID.

So glad it is over. off to make the changes to the paperwork, order some door stoppers and another lock for the bathroom.
Really feel like I worked for this -THREE AND HALF HOURS of answering questions and so glad she recommended me to be a childminder. I really want to do this. If this pre reg was tough, what will the graded inspection be like? Least it has made me aware of how tough it can be and will be striving for the best. Now to get some mindees and put it all into practice.

Now to wait SIX weeks for the certificate. Is everyone else waiting this long?

phew.....

adedwards68
21-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Well done

Karen1
21-06-2013, 01:09 PM
she said she would submit the report tonight, Ofsted would check and with all the checks it takes about six weeks as there is a back log!!

really hope not as I really want to get going and have had a few enquiries who have been waiting a while and may have found someone else by now!

she was picky, but suppose you have to be working with children. got to think positive, I was recommended and can have the max number of children. just a bit more waiting in this game.

no, she sat and read all my policies and even told me I had to add a few bits in. they were all checked and passed from the pop5 course! annoyed but I don't care now, it is all ok and has got to help if I have a horrible graded inspection.

ade-have you got your cert then?

adedwards68
21-06-2013, 03:04 PM
No I haven't yet, my inspector only came yesterday. When I phoned ofsted I was told that you don't get your pre reg visit until all checks have been returned

benandjerrys
21-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Well at least u can chill this weekend! My turn on Monday :panic:

Petshrinklj
21-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Well done. :clapping:

amelia lilly
24-06-2013, 05:58 PM
PHew is all I can say.

Ofsted inspector very nice, Knocking at my door as she was early, and I walked around the corner from the school run! so no time for anything, so glad I left house clean and tidy. Think she inspected everything-

checked my glass dresser doors for the glass-too thin, brackets for the glass etc, doors are at a height- but need protective film for them!

checked my smoke alarms- they do beep and continued to beep through out the interview! (she did complain of a headache during interview!)

Where do I keep my alcohol.

Cant have a door lock on my bathroom door, she then put a towel over the door to stop it shutting and locking while she looked inside bathroom!

Also need safety lock on bathroom cabinet, even though up high.

No fire blanket or extinguisher- although not a requirement she said something to think about!

lots on safeguarding and activities with the kids and how to adapt and do new steps.

read all my policies and my experience and generally me. checked all ID.

So glad it is over. off to make the changes to the paperwork, order some door stoppers and another lock for the bathroom.
Really feel like I worked for this -THREE AND HALF HOURS of answering questions and so glad she recommended me to be a childminder. I really want to do this. If this pre reg was tough, what will the graded inspection be like? Least it has made me aware of how tough it can be and will be striving for the best. Now to get some mindees and put it all into practice.

Now to wait SIX weeks for the certificate. Is everyone else waiting this long?

phew.....

I got told 2 weeks max x

benandjerrys
24-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes I was told that too.