PDA

View Full Version : themes

amy83
21-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I was just wondering if people use themes when planning. If not how do you decide what craft activities ect you are doing does it work better with or without them. Do ofsted expect themes in your planning please xx

mrs robbie williams
21-06-2013, 11:11 AM
I have some themes like Mother's Day, fathers day, Xmas, fireworks and Easter other arts and crafts j plan around stage of dev and dev matters next steps x

sarah707
21-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Themes are optional - Ofsted are focussed on how you meet each child's individual needs.

They can work very well for older children - over 3s - to extend their knowledge and understanding. You can include all areas of learning in themes.

You might find some helpful information here in free resources :D

Group Planning (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/groupplanning.html)

kellyskidz!
21-06-2013, 11:31 AM
I do themes based on children's interests each month. Eg if B is interested in sharks we'll do an Under the Sea theme the following month. Sometimes I don't do one and just play it by ear but I'm naturally a very organised person and it helps me to focus on planning etc when were doing a particular theme.
OFSTED were happy I did a theme but didn't say it was a necessity xx