PDA

View Full Version : advice please!

KaicosMummy
21-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning all :-)
Got a little girl in this morn who was very sick early hours of wed morning, so I excluded her for wed and thurs and said would have her back today as oong as no more sickness and nappies all normal etc. Little one has only been in half hour and has already had very very watery and stinky nappy.....not at all usual for her. Mum promises she only had the one bout of sickness forty eight hours ago. I have another mindee in today who goes on holiday tomorrow, I am also off on holibobs with my family tomorrow for our only holiday this year. Sooooooo.....question is do I phone mum and say I am not happy and to collect her, or do I maybe wait for another delightful nappy to show itself and give it the benefit of the doubt? I only had to send her home two weeks ago with sickness so feel bad :-/ what would you do?!? Thank you x

sarah707
21-06-2013, 07:09 AM
I'd wait a little while and see how she is - but then I'm soft and I'm not going on holiday tomorrow! :laughing:

Hugs xx

KaicosMummy
21-06-2013, 07:17 AM
I am a bit soft too :-/ also mum is one of my oldest friends, which makes it even more awkward in a way, because I like to think she wouldnt tell me fibbies about how long she has been clear of it.........I think I will wait for another nappy to appear and see what it is like....will update later :-)

chriss
21-06-2013, 08:14 AM
I bet there is extra hand washing to day just in case lol:panic:

sharonmanc
21-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Wait for a second nappy and if the same I would call mum x

Memina
21-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Sickness is the worst part of the job for me!!!!

My sister has brought my niece to me with chest infections before and its just made the day soooo stressful as shes been too unwell to participate in normal activities grrrr.

But as others have said I'm a softy so would wait and see. Up the hand washing too.

CH1957
21-06-2013, 08:28 AM
I sent a child home on Wednesday because she had been sick twice. Mum text me later in the day to say she was fine etc etc but I stuck to my 48 hour rule. So glad I did as Mum posted on Facebook how LO had been sick again at 7pm and was very tired, clingy etc. Why do they lie!! :mad:

KaicosMummy
21-06-2013, 08:34 AM
No more yucky nappies yet, but I am using so much hand sanitizer on myself and the children I think our hands may just disappear into thin air in a minute...

hectors house
21-06-2013, 09:03 AM
No more yucky nappies yet, but I am using so much hand sanitizer on myself and the children I think our hands may just disappear into thin air in a minute...

Try to spend as much time as you can outside in the garden to minimise spread of germs - only have out a few toys that can easily be sprayed with anti bac and make sure children don't share cups.

I would notify the mum that lo has already had a yucky nappy and ask what child had to eat yesterday - sometimes parents go straight back to feeding them normal meals when they actually need bland food - things like mashed potato and little bit of chicken in plain gravy, rather than something like spicy chilli con carne. I would minimise fruit for snack - just give breadsticks and see how child is later.

KaicosMummy
21-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Thank you all for your advice, little lady was sent home at half eleven due to another yucky nappy. Has got home and hasnt eaten all day and had another bad nappy.....nooooooooo looks like we may be having a visit from the sicky bugs.....and its a camping holiday, could get interesting, and messy :sigh:

Koala
21-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Thank you all for your advice, little lady was sent home at half eleven due to another yucky nappy. Has got home and hasnt eaten all day and had another bad nappy.....nooooooooo looks like we may be having a visit from the sicky bugs.....and its a camping holiday, could get interesting, and messy :sigh:

MMMMmmmm makes you suspicious, doesn't it?

How nice of your FRIEND! to do this to you.

ANYWAY, FINGERS CROSSED and have a nice holiday :thumbsup:

KaicosMummy
22-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Update: I have woken up with a bit of a bad tummy and supposed to be leaving in 3 hours. I dont understand how this happened, I was do careful with hand washing and hygiene yesterday, its unbelievable :-( :crying: all I can hope is that it passes quickly, and my other mindee hasnt caught it, as she went off on a weekend Holibobs last night.

Supernanny86
22-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Update: I have woken up with a bit of a bad tummy and supposed to be leaving in 3 hours. I dont understand how this happened, I was do careful with hand washing and hygiene yesterday, its unbelievable :-( :crying: all I can hope is that it passes quickly, and my other mindee hasnt caught it, as she went off on a weekend Holibobs last night.

It'll probably be the airborne bugs that got you!! Hope it passes quickly and you can enjoy your holiday!!! Dose up on meds! Hope you feel better real soon :)