PDA

View Full Version : Must haves

vikiwizz
20-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Hello ladies and gents

I have just had the start up grant money, and after buying pacey membership and insurance and boring tool kits to start up I have around £100 left, so wondering what you have that you think is worth the money.

I'm thinking a spot tray is a must but wondering if there is anything else?

I already have tons if art stuff, train track, duplo, dressing up, books and puzzles as I have a 3 year old. So is there anything else you would suggest?

Thanks all

moggy
20-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Hello ladies and gents

I have just had the start up grant money, and after buying pacey membership and insurance and boring tool kits to start up I have around £100 left, so wondering what you have that you think is worth the money.

I'm thinking a spot tray is a must but wondering if there is anything else?

I already have tons if art stuff, train track, duplo, dressing up, books and puzzles as I have a 3 year old. So is there anything else you would suggest?

Thanks all

Decent buggy/double buggy, high chairs that really work for you in your space, good car seats for appropriate sizes, good toy/resource storage and book storage/display. Toys are easy to pick up from charity shops as you go along, and you say you have lots anyway. I would make sure you are really happy with the big equipment as that will get serious use everyday and good quality helps.

vikiwizz
20-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Thank you, I also have a phil and ted so have a double buggy.

Mmm maybe ill hold on to it just incase I need something bigger later down the line

Daisy De
20-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Car seats are obviously a must if you drive and travel cots if you are having babies. Toy wise ride-ons, bikes, scooters, little tykes cars etc mine can't get enough.

Or maybe, if you have a garden spend some on making it extra special, not necessarily with swings etc but things like a story corner with logs or tyres or lots of sensory things or a blackboard, or a veg/flower patch or anything your imagination might come up with :D

sarah707
20-06-2013, 05:15 PM
If you have enough equipment then for toy buying it really does depend on the children - I'd suggest you hang on and see who you get first :D

Sassy.80
24-06-2013, 09:08 PM
What grant money is this please ?

Chimps Childminding
25-06-2013, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't necessarily buy an actual "spot tray" they are quite expensive compared to some potting/builders trays you can get at DIY places. They do just the same thing really. We just put ours on a child sized table! Its got sand in at the mo and the boys we have have been driving trucks through it!!!

Glitter
25-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Lots and lots of clothes for cleaning up!
I never seem to have enough.

kellyskidz!
25-06-2013, 10:31 AM
My must haves are spare cups, for when we're out, decent pushchair, Tuff Spot, garden toys, good group activities that are easy to get out quickly (giant Lego, wooden blocks, musical instruments, jigsaws, Mobilo, stickle bricks etc) travel cot, bumbo chair, spare clothes, in case of accidents, face cloths and towels and some small toys for babies, such as rattles and fun teethers for them to take out in the pushchair.x