PDA

View Full Version : Preparation for visit

yasmine
20-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,

It's 8 months since I have sent my documents for registration to be child minder. I got my DBS 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for O call. I don't know, how long it will take?
I have my play room ready. I am thinking to fixe the safety gate for kitchen and stairs after O visit. is it ok? For the paper work, which one O need for inspection?
Do I need to have all my things in place the day of the visit?:(

adedwards68
20-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi

Had my pre reg this morning. I didn't have any safety equipment but told her where I would use them and that I had done a risk assessment identifying them. I had all my policies, procedures, visitors book, permissions slip you name it i had it and she didn't look at one of them!
All she looked at was my house , course cert, first aid, safeguarding, and food hygiene the last 2 weren't required but she said it showed that I was willing to increase my knowledge

suziecare
21-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone I'm new to this website and would really appreciate some good tips and advice on what to expect on my o visit as I have 2 dogs and are worried its all going to go wrong on the day as I'm such a confident person when left alone but hate being put on the spot questions :-)