PDA

View Full Version : Observations How Ofton

childminder54
20-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Just wondering how often do you do observations.
Would be interesting to see the different scale

Mrsh3103
20-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I do main observations every couple of weeks. I have a sheet for each lo in my diary that has daily 'wow' moments on. I write things like xxxx told me to stop, look & listen before crossing the road instead if me telling him.
If lo says a new word etc. :)

mrs robbie williams
20-06-2013, 01:38 PM
wow moments go in daily diary, ive done a six week individual learning plan for each mindee in eyfs and its working ok so far, it reminds me what im looking for in each child iyswim, eg on one lo's ilp i said about introducing puzzles, there were puzzles at playgroup and she did one so ive just done obs on it, also worked another lo who i wanted to focus on colouring and he did that today so thats another one out the way :D

blue bear
20-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I ai roughly four a month plus a bi annual Summative assessment. But if a chikd suddenly take off I might do four a day, so the short answer is as many as the child's developemnt dictates really.

barbie
02-07-2013, 07:02 PM
I do a obs every 3 months ,then you can gauge how how the child is developing .

Bumble Beez
07-07-2013, 08:04 AM
I sometimes find that I do a simple obs to add to LJ'S every day or so and other times its once every few weeks...got to be on how the child is developing at that time. I do a planned observation every week, so adult let but will often have some child initiated ones that just spring up here and there...
On reflection that doesn't help much lol sorry :)

Sarah x

Gem wright
18-07-2013, 08:43 PM
I write down wow moments when they happen, date it and they go in their journals and are then linked into EYFS. Every 3/4 months I complete a I Can. This is put in their journals and emailed to parents. I love the I Can forms, I know where each child is at a drop of a hat and I also colour code them for emerging, entering and exceeding.

Stapleton83
18-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I write down wow moments when they happen, date it and they go in their journals and are then linked into EYFS. Every 3/4 months I complete a I Can. This is put in their journals and emailed to parents. I love the I Can forms, I know where each child is at a drop of a hat and I also colour code them for emerging, entering and exceeding.

Ooh I like the colour coding idea I might just have to pinch that.

Sam x

kats
19-07-2013, 09:19 AM
I dont think you can possibly plan how many obs you do. Some weeks i have loads others not so many. I go with the flow and if i see something i write it down and link it :)